Question removed

Asked by Richard Michael Abraham, Florida Sun Oct 24, 2010

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Richard Rawd…, Agent, Southampton, NY
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I think that the more accurate answer to your question is really 2% do all the sales and listings, and 98% do not. During today's current market conditions, the cream always rises to the top. It's much tougher and a more competitive market today. There are just too many people with real estate licenses that need to get a real job instead of making believe that they are actually contributing to the real estate community. I know that this sounds a bit harsh, take a look in your office and ask yourself who is doing all the bussiness. I truly believe that the 2% do all the sales and listings, while the other 98% do not. I also believe that it is still going to get tougher and rougher before it gets any better.
Chuck Carste…, Agent, Elk River, MN
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I also think it depends on the company. I am with RE/MAX and almost all the agents do a solid amount of business. A few of us do a lot more, but there isn't anyone doing nothing. If they are they normally go to a different company. I would say in my area it is about 10% doing 90% of the business, but its probably trending toward that 3/97 ratio.
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I think the 20/80 split is very accurate for our office. And Richard Rawdin, I agree with most of your answer, but I must take issue with your term "real job." I had my best year ever last year and I consider what I do a "real job."
Web Reference:  http://www.lindacefalu.com
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I can't speak nor worry about all those 97%, yet I am happy to give them advice.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sun Oct 24, 2010
That's probably information that is available at the NAR website. You should check it out.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com