Question removed

Asked by Richard Michael Abraham, Florida Sun Oct 24, 2010

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Richard Rawd…, Agent, Southampton, NY
Sun Oct 24, 2010
BEST ANSWER
I think that the more accurate answer to your question is really 2% do all the sales and listings, and 98% do not. During today's current market conditions, the cream always rises to the top. It's much tougher and a more competitive market today. There are just too many people with real estate licenses that need to get a real job instead of making believe that they are actually contributing to the real estate community. I know that this sounds a bit harsh, take a look in your office and ask yourself who is doing all the bussiness. I truly believe that the 2% do all the sales and listings, while the other 98% do not. I also believe that it is still going to get tougher and rougher before it gets any better.
1 vote
Chuck Carste…, Agent, Elk River, MN
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I also think it depends on the company. I am with RE/MAX and almost all the agents do a solid amount of business. A few of us do a lot more, but there isn't anyone doing nothing. If they are they normally go to a different company. I would say in my area it is about 10% doing 90% of the business, but its probably trending toward that 3/97 ratio.
0 votes
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I think the 20/80 split is very accurate for our office. And Richard Rawdin, I agree with most of your answer, but I must take issue with your term "real job." I had my best year ever last year and I consider what I do a "real job."
Web Reference:  http://www.lindacefalu.com
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I can't speak nor worry about all those 97%, yet I am happy to give them advice.
0 votes
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sun Oct 24, 2010
That's probably information that is available at the NAR website. You should check it out.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more