overall in the last 5 years how has Kenosha been doing in the housing market? Any major setbacks or huge increases?

Asked by lindsay, Kenosha, WI Thu Oct 3, 2013

Answers

2
Shawn Creigh…, Agent, Milwaukee, WI
Thu Oct 3, 2013

Being born and raised here I can see there has been a steady influx of new residents and new development in the past 5 years. Current conditions are still a buyer's market however, but many of the best listings sell quickly.

Located between two major cities, I think Kenosha has become a very desirable place to live with good schools, entertainment, great lakefront, and many people who commute seeking residence here.

Shawn Creighton
Benefit Realty
Diana Dahlbe…, Agent, Pleasant Prairie, WI
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Hello Lindsay:

Thanks for asking your question about the Kenosha real estate market. Overall, Kenosha has seen the same decline in home values as the majority of the country, although we have not seen the higher numbers of California and/or Florida. We fall in the 37% (approximate) percentile ... although depending on location some have realized as high as 41% in our area.

As of this year, we are watching the values of our homes reverse the roll of depreciation to appreciation and according to the statistics we are realizing about a 1% increase per month. It will be interesting to watch how the market moves over the next few months.

If I can help you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Diana Dahlberg
Broker/Owner/Realtor of 1 MONTH REALTY (serving SE Wisconsin since 1994)