looking to buy in this area, any advise to me.

Asked by frank, Washington, DC Sat Jun 1, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/District_Of_Columbia/Washington/…

Answers

4
Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Hello Frank. This is one of the markets that I cover. Google Deanwood DC Real Estate Real Estate Market Reports and you will see some of my Real Estate Reports. And if you e-mail me at DChomesforsale@gmail.com,I can give you the latest up to date Real Estate Market Report in Deanwood DC. Thank you very much. Have a great day.
danamathews, Home Seller, Washington, DC
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Think about what qualities you'd like to have in your home living- Greater DC includes areas of MD and VA, too, and there are many many neighborhoods in DC, each with their own attributes. Popular places include Georgetown, Dupont Circle and West End, but they're pricy. U Street Corridor, Shaw, Logan Circle, Bloomingdale are all neighborhoods in DC that are moving up in price but you can still find "deals"
Michael Cunn…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Agreed with Sally. While Trulia is good for getting connected with agents, it's pretty poor for looking at listings. Only REALTORs have up-to-the-second listings, and in a market like this...that's important.

You should talk with a lender before you meet with a Realtor. You can go with your bank or go with a lender that specializes in mortgages. When you know how much you qualify for, then you can set up a meeting with a buyer's agent (like me!) and narrow down the available listings based on what you'd like in a home. Then we can tour the homes that meet your wants or needs and then get right to writing an offer.

Please call or email me with any other questions you might have. I'd love to help you any way I can.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Step 1. Get prequalified for a mortgage. Step 2. Find a good REALTOR to work for you as a Buyer's Agent. Do not search for homes online. Your Realtor will create a search for you in the local MLS and email you listings that are available. Sites like Trulia & Zillow have very outdated info.

If you are a first time buyer, find an agent who works with a lot of first time buyers and who will take the time to walk you through the process.