is 320K too much to pay for a 1500 sq ft townhome in the art district of hyattsville zip 20781?

Asked by meloniebarrington, Washington, DC Sat Jul 28, 2012

Answers

10
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Hi Melonie, It's been a while. please open the link below and see all of the homes sold in the Art District past 180 days. http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?k=2902605XLB6C&p=DE-… Contact me to schedule a showing.

Miekeba Jones
Heymann Realty LLC
240-715-8284 direct
301-439-1180 office
miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Bridgette Ch…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Melonie!

320K is an excellent price to pay for a townhouse in the Arts District. EYA is an outstanding builder, especially for urban development. They have received numerous awards for their design and superb craftsmanship.

It terms of the Arts District it's about LOCATION...LOCATION...LOCATION!! It's a wonderful community with great amenities, including some of the best restaurants in the area. Not to mentin the location is minutes from Metro' Green Line, DC, BW Parkway and 495.

While in graduate school getting my masters in real estate, l did a paper on the Arts District. The project was designed to revitalize Route 1 and bring it back to its former glory. Prior to the I-95, Route 1 was the main thoroughfare from north to south. That's why you see so much retail and car dealerships along Route 1. Years ago a plan was put together to bring back Route 1 after years of neglect.

There's more I could share, but I hope you get the picture. It's a great place to live. I was just there just last weekend showing properties and having lunch. The area has great energy and I highly recommend the community! If you are in need of buyer representation, place don't hesitate to contact me.

Bridgette "Kyria" Chase
Exit Bennett Realty
301.974.7110
http://www.BridgetteChase.com
Keren Kuo, Agent, Clarksburg, MD
Wed Jun 5, 2013
It's sound about right for the EYA homes though without knowing the details it's hard to definitively say. I have 2 new listings in Hyattsville. 6817 Calverton Drive priced at $399,900 will be held open this Sunday 1-4 pm. Also, 5819 35th Place is priced at $115,000. Though a short sale, it has a lot of potential and is worth the wait. Can walk to 2 Metro from this home. I specialize in listing and selling in Hyattsville so don't hesitate to get in touch with me (kerenkuo@gmail.com). Keren
jimmy august…, , Silver Spring, MD
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Melonie,
320 isn't outrageous but it sounds like it might be making you nervous.
It never hurts to negotiate and feel them out. Know your limit and stick with it.
I am always available for a word.
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Hi Melonie,

Did you ever make a decision?
Keren Kuo, Agent, Clarksburg, MD
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Just to let you know that I have a new listing at 4112 Farragut St Hyattsville, Md. 20781. Located in Historic District, this brick home has been renovated all throughout with modern kitchen, large rec rm, CAC, hot water heat, 2 BR's, renovated bath, finishable attic, leveled open 7,500 SF lot! Priced at $275,000. This charming home is surrounded by homes of character dating back to early 1900's. Plenty of parking for guests too. Keren Kuo at kerenkuo@gmail.com
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Hi Melonie,

320K is a good price. I just recently helped a client purchase over there. Plus I love Yogi Castle. Just make sure you have representation
Arouna Koroma, Agent, Greenbelt, MD
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hi Melonie,

320K is actually a good price for a 1500 sq ft townhome in the art district if the property is in good shape. There are homes with the same square footage on the market for much more and others that have sold with less square footage at or above the 320K mark. I did run a CMA in the neighborhood and of the 14 homes that cam up only 2 were below the 320K mark. Based on my analysis you would not be paying too much. In fact you are actually getting a good deal. Feel free to email me with any other questions or for a copy of the CMA: koromarealty@gmail.com
Garreth Fea…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Jul 28, 2012
I agree with Miekeba a CMA will certainly help. This is an up and coming area with future developments in the works.

Garreth
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hi meloniebarrington. I can help you by preparing a comparative market analysi for the you. It really depends on the condition, age, interior, updating, area costs etc. contact me and I will send the CMA to you. miekeba@heymannrealty.com