investment property potential in Saraland, AL?

Asked by Bill, Maryland Thu Mar 13, 2008

Is the area run down or is it a safe decent area for familys with small kids?

I have inherited a few acres off of Kali Oka Rd. I am thinking of possibly building a house on it and rent it out or possibly sell it. I read in other postings that the Eastern area (spanish fort) is better for the school system and nicer homes. Is the Saraland area a good area to build and get a good return on my investment?

Answers

4
Sib Howell, , Saraland, AL
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Hello, my name is Sib Howell and I'm a Realtor here in Saraland, Alabama. The Kali Oka area of Saraland is a great area with very nice homes and are in the celebrated Saraland School District. The growth of Saraland and North Mobile is just now gathering momentum and with the announcement of expanded jobs for "both" steel mills, the potential is great. There are a number of investers that have focused on the Saraland/North Mobile area exclusively and are in the process of positioning themselve for a real presence in the next 2 years. I am a Broker with Exit Realty. I've spent a lot of years in the North Mobile area. The growth over the past ten years has been phenominal. I can only expect this area to continue its growth for at least the next 10 years. With interest rates as low as they are right now it's a very good time to "get in" on the growth. Good luck with your acerage and best wishes for 2011.
Web Reference:  http://www.exitsaraland.com
Liz Hoffman, Agent, Daphne, AL
Tue Apr 15, 2008
Your outlook for the future in Saraland is great. All forecasts are for that area to grow, and you are sitting in a future boom area. Since you mentioned the Eastern Shore, I will also say that prospects on this side of the bay are excellent, as well, with Baldwin County's population expected to double in the next 8 years. The school systems on the Eastern Shore do compare well to nearby areas, and now would be a perfect time to buy since we're in a buyer's market currently, with prices that aren't anticipated to drop much further. All that adds up to a great opportunity for buyers, if you're interested in buying something and holding a couple of years for that appreciation to hit. It will happen. Call me if I can be of service to you in any way regarding real estate on either side of the bay. I'm licensed in Mobile and Baldwin Counties, and active in both. -Liz Hoffman, Coldwell Banker Reehl Properties, 251-367-3602-cell, 251-990-6622-ofc.
Dan Therrell, , 36532
Wed Mar 26, 2008
Saraland is a nice community for families and kids and is expected to grow rapidly due to th new steel plant coming to north Mobile County. As mentioned before, some acregae could be very desirable for building. A conservative strategy would be to sit on the land and let it go up in value for a few more years. No need to build on it and have the headache of managing rental property from out of state!

Dan Therrell
Fairhope, AL
Web Reference:  http://www.dauphinrealty.com
Gllhouse, Both Buyer And Seller, Alabama
Fri Mar 14, 2008
Kali Oka Rd has been an area of pretty quick growth the last few years. Depending on where it is, that could be a good investment. The city of Saraland has just broken from the Mobile County School district, which is a GOOD thing! The property values in Saraland will continue to go up as people move in to support Thyssen-Krupp, potentially Boeing, and flock to the school district.