i am looking to buy a condo in logan, utah. would it be pretty hard to sell, according to the trends, in 3 years from now.?

Asked by Mathes99, 84321 Thu Apr 7, 2011

Answers

2
Terri Sizemo…, Agent, Logan, UT
Thu Apr 19, 2012
I think the market has hit bottom. No one has a crystal ball, but if you pay a reasonable price for it now I see no reason why it wouldn't sell in 3 years. The condo/ town home market has experienced depreciation, but no more than the rest of the market.
Wyatt Olsen, , Logan, UT
Wed Apr 13, 2011
Boy, if only we had a crystal ball! Right now, this is the question on everyone's minds. From what research I've been able to do, we typically have roughly 10 years of growth, then 5 or so years of readjustment, then 10 years of growth again, etc., etc. But does the market have to behave that way exactly? No.

Some facts to consider right now: 1) Building permits are down. As the population increases, housing should also increase and keep up. When builders aren't building consistently, a "pent up" demand is created, a "shortage" occurs and prices skyrocket. 2) Rates are fabulous. Historic lows. 3) Property values have already declined substantially.

Only time will tell. Regardless of the timeframe of selling down the road, having your home in clean and well-kept condition (updating), priced fairly, will get it sold in any market. Good luck!