i am getting ready to purchase a home just a few miles from a newly announced amusement park. the new indoor

Asked by Darin, Fredericksburg, VA Mon Jan 28, 2008

water park will cost 200mil and be completed at the end of 2009. what effect if any will this be to property values in the near future and down the road. the new park is Kalahari in fredericksburg VA

Answers

5
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Mon Jan 28, 2008
Darin,

In order to proceed with the construction of this indoor water park and resort, the developers had to present a study plan to the county commissioners. These studies show the economic impact on businesses and residential values in the surrounding area, and these reports are accessible to the general public.

With that said, considering that Kalahari will be built within the well-established, tourism-friendly community of Celebrate, Virginia (http://www.celebratevirginia.com), I predict that this resort will only enhance the value of your property – not diminish it.

For more information about upcoming public forums, visit the following link:
http://www.fredericksburgva.gov

I hope this information was thumbs-up friendly!

Frank Biganski, Realtor ABR
..., , Lexington, MA
Mon Apr 11, 2011
I agree - just look at other areas where similar developments have been constructed and you'll see that there has been a positive impact.

Please let me know if i can be of help with financing or any mortgage questions.

Tom
Monica Staats, , Stafford, VA
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Hi Darin,
I also agree, I am also a Realtor in Fredericksburg area and I also live off Rte 3 so this will directly impact me as a home owner. I believe this will add value to our homes because it will bring much needed jobs to our area. After approx. 2006 or so when Capital one completely left the area, we as a community lost at least 1500 jobs which greatly hurt us. With out getting in to politics here...there has also been a long standing rumor that they are bringing 100's of military jobs here to the "northern" VA area. Now having said that we will have to wait and see what this new administration brings but this area being close to Quantico we have a good thing here..not to mention the new 2 hospitals that are being built (the one in Stafford and the one in Massaponax) and the new Kaiser Permanente that is also being built..jobs jobs and more jobs! That is always a good thing! I hope this helps ease your mind a little...Good Luck with your new house and welcome to the neighborhood!
Jennifer Cai…, Agent, Fredericksburg, VA
Tue May 20, 2008
Hi Darin... I am an agent in Fredericksburg and agree 100% with Frank below- It will add value if you buy sooner than later with prices so low now. The website he referred you to is great- check it out and feel free to contact me if you would like additional info on the area.
Best regards-
Jennifer Caison, ABR
jensells@mris.com
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Mon Jan 28, 2008
One of the impacts you need to consider will be traffic. If you will have to stand in line to get to your front door then there could be a future negative impact on your home.

Frank is correct that all of the information regarding general impact on the area should be available through the county. If you are working with a Realtor they should also be able to help you find out more.