how quickly are homes on average selling if they are priced resonably?

Asked by stormvet, Augusta, GA Fri May 11, 2012

Answers

6
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Sat May 12, 2012
Ask an Augusta agent for a specific report on what is happening in your neighborhood.

In general, in metro Atlanta across 14 counties, houses that are appropriately priced will sell within an average of 26 days, versus an average of 189 days for houses that were once overpriced, yet sold eventuallly with at least one price reduction.

The ones that sell quickly are only 21% of the market - the rest are overpriced, according to the latest stats from my stats man, Chartmaster Chuck.

And, from one Stormvet to another, thanks for serving your country...
Debbie Franco, Agent, Martinez, GA
Fri May 11, 2012
If the house is priced reasonably....and the paint colors are neutral, carpets in good condition with good curb appeal..60-120 days. My last perfect listing sold in 3 days. Quite unexpected but very good for the home seller. Even more important is home staging and decluttering. That little bit of effort goes a long way and makes your home stand out in comparison to the rest. Good luck and if interested in a Staging Consult, let me know...I love to share lower cost ideas that make a difference at the bank.

Thanks again,
Debbie Franco
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Executive Partners
(706) 495-7181
Kimberly Eas…, Agent, Griffin, GA
Fri May 11, 2012
I listed hud owned most are under contract in 10 days but I must admit most Bank owned are under priced.
Erin Slade, , Augusta, GA
Fri May 11, 2012
Stormvet
According to MLS data the mean home stays on the market about 4 months right now. And if you are in Montclair, you would want to have a listing agent do a market analysis for you.
They can help show what comparable homes have sold for in your area.
And even though Montclair is an older community, I think priced correctly, you have a good shot at getting your home sold fairly soon.
I am not a listing agent, so if you need some advice, or a recommendation for an agent, just let me know.
Glad to help!
Erin Slade
Keystone Homes Inc
706-228-3323
Mark Mulich, Agent, Evans, GA
Fri May 11, 2012
Hi Stormvet.

Good question, but can't really be answered accurately without more information. It all depends on several factors; location, current comparables, timing, "showability", and if you plan on using a Realtor, then his/her level of excellence comes into play as well.

I'd be pleased to assist, and feel free to contact me anytime.

With kind regards,
Mark Mulich
Brock Hughes, Agent, Augusta, GA
Fri May 11, 2012
I've had two sellers list there home at a reasonable price and I recieved offers for both within two weeks. Both of these sellers have listed in the last month and a half.

There surely are buyers out there so price it right and they will come.

Best wishes and let me know if I can help.

Web Reference:  http://www.BrockHughes.com