how long does an average house stay on the market b4 its sold?

Asked by Frankd.roller, Boerne, TX Fri Jun 10, 2011

In boerne, texas

Answers

5
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jun 10, 2011
Hello Frank,

That question can be helpful but you do not want to be the average house. The average house is typically overpriced which causes it to sit on the market for longer than a house that is priced right to start.. The market determines the price and if you price it correctly and your home is turnkey and in the best possible condition you will attract an offer much faster than the average listing.

When speaking with possible Realtors to list your home don't necessarily go with the one with the highest listing price. Go with the one who supports the listing price with market data specific to your home.

You only have one chance when listing your home. There are people searching right now that are waiting for it to hit the market. Price it right from the beginning and you will get maximum showings and exposure which will translate into more potential offers. It's a numbers game. Pricing your home too high takes potential buyers that will never see your house to begin with.

After writing this I see that you are a home buyer. As you look you will see that homes you are interested in may have multiple offers or others that are interested. These homes are the ones that will sell before the average home. My buyers tend to buy homes that are on the market for 30 days or less. We look at other homes on the market longer but there is usually a reason for that as I have discussed and often times there is no interest.

So to answer your question. Each home stands on its own. When you find a home that meets most of your criteria go for it because there is a good chance that somebody else will.

Good luck with your search.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker | Consultant
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
John Briggs, , Boerne, TX
Fri Jun 10, 2011
Hi Frank. I do a monthly newsletter that gives you the latest statistics on the Boerne area market. If you would like me to email it to you just let me know. jbriggs@remax.net
Pamela Botine, Agent, Boerne, TX
Fri Jun 10, 2011
I work and live in Boerne, and that is a loaded question! Length on market depends on Price, location, land and what shape the home is in. I have had homes on the market for 10 days , and some for over 7 months.
There is a lot of homes on the market which makes home stay on longer because the buyer is not in a hurry anymore because there is so much to look at and it is hard for them to make that decision on which to buy because more keep coming. If you want it to sell fast, make sure the home is ready for the market , fix , update and clean, and price it right at Market Value or below. If you have time, then price according to your Realtors advice and make sure you home is market ready, can be shown at all times and the photos on line are the best they can be.
Average is 6-8 months for priced well, ready to sell homes. Some longer, some shorter. but that would be a good average.

Anyother questions, I will be happy to answer.
Pam
Clark Riel, Agent, Reno, NV
Fri Jun 10, 2011
It will depend on how you price it. Like Bruce says find a good agent who can help you market the property correctly. Look at the properties that are selling in your general area and hopefully neighborhood, that compare to yours. This is vital information that will help you sell your home in a fair amount of time for the best price. Be realistic and honest with your self when it is time to put it on the market. Good luck.
Bruce Ericks…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jun 10, 2011
It will be diferrent from market area to market area. Also different types of homes, price range, condition of home, terms offered by seller, and the season will impact it. Suggest that you find an agent who is a member of the local MLS in your area and they should be able to get you some numbers that will have value to what type of property you are look at.

Best of luck .. Bruce