how long do houses stay on the market in Hancock on average?

Asked by Trish, Mayfield Heights, OH Wed May 30, 2012

Answers

9
Terence Trom…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
The average Days On Market for the 10 homes that have sold since January 1st, 2011 either on or in the vicinity of Hancock is 60 days. But understand your homes Days On Market are specifically tied to your asking price and if your are priced correctly, at your homes Fair Market Value. When ever you over price your home you can be certain to experience an extended time on the market, which is bad in more ways than one.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Our inventory is low right now so in the event you decide to sell your home don't be surprised if you have an offer the day it is listed if it is priced right.
Frank Glaab…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
Hi Trish,

From what I've seen lately, the average has been around 60 days. Keep in mind, this is from the inventory that I've personally dealt with and the property has to be priced right to reflect todays market. Many factors also go into this average such as condition of home, exact location (because just because it's an average for an area, the property could be right behind a commercial building, etc) and willingness by the seller to negotiate. Let me know if I can be of more assistance to you.
Frank Glaab
Gulf Gateway Realty, Inc
239-243-6224
http://www.ccparadise.com
Web Reference:  http://www.ccparadise.com
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
In the last 90 days there have been 87 single-family home sales in the Hancock Bridge Parkway area of Cape Coral/N. Fort Myers. The average days on market for these 87 transactions was 63 days.

Good luck with your search!
Joe Sansone, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
Cape is a seller's market, but at buyer's prices compared to five years ago. If a house is priced right it will sell quickly at almost any price point. Average time is probably around 2 months for traditional sales but that average includes houses that are over priced. If you are priced properly and are marketed by a professional Realtor your house could sell from anywhere from a couple days to a month are two at most. If it isn't selling then, it means you are over priced. If you want to sell contact me through my website below and I will help you assess your situation. .
Web Reference:  http://www.joesansone.com
Margie Birch, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
Hi Trish,

Edith's advice below is absolutely correct with one exception. Cape Coral is actually in a sellers market right now, because inventory is very low and prices have been going up. We are ahead of most of the country in that regard. If you house is in a desirable area and is priced correctly, it will sell fast. If not, who knows. If you would like more info, let me know.

Margie Birch
239-691-1303
mbirch1@comcast.net
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Wed May 30, 2012
I have a quick question back to you..... If you get an average number..... What would that mean to you?
First of all if you want this number to have any importance it needs to be related to similar homes that have recently sold, similar in size, style, age, upgrades, location, lot size etc. etc. and only then may this number make any difference or at least give you some indication.

Although it is general at best, because one home of same conditions could sell during the first months and another one just exactly the same, could take months, why because the right buyer ha to come around to like all of it, be ready to buy, be approved financially etc. etc.

And also if the average says it takes on average 6 months I am making the number up to explain,
you will not know if your home will sell in the first months or in a year????

So the most important steps really are to sit with an experienced area Realtor and look at all the
numbers, compare your home to all that is on the market and will be competing with yours, bigger smaller, similar price ranges etc, and also those that have RECENTLY sold in your similar type of home in your area or surrounding areas (since buyers can move around to where they find the right home for them).....

The Realtor will discuss with you the most competitive pricing of your home depending on your situation where to move, how much you owe to the bank etc., and then also discuss what you can do to the home to improve its selling potential, for example staging, meaning moving around some furniture, even removing some, to show the home larger, eventually paint a few walls in en vogue paint colors, and some outside plantings or blooming flower pots, or paint the front door to make it more inviting.

When all that is done the average time on market for homes similar to yours will only give you some indication, will the home sell within a few months or will it take much longer.

We are in most areas in a Buyers Market, with more homes on the market than ready and willing buyers looking to buy, therefore they can cherry pick from all that is available and the Sellers need to be priced right, have a well prepared home for showings and be patient.

Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
@Properties 30 GreenBay Road Winnetka Il. 60093
Edith always works in the very BEST interest of her clients....
EdithSellshomes@gmail.com
Mohsen Cyrus, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
If you price it correctly, you should get an offer in less than a week.
Bonnie Miller…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed May 30, 2012
If you are referring to the Hancock Bridge Pkwy area, it just depends on the condition of the home, the location and the asking price. This is true of any home in our area. Some homes sell right away and some sit longer, depending on these factors. If you have any other questions, you can email me at bonniemiller08@gmail.com or call me direct at 239-229-1339.