how is the real estate market in lake wildwood ca.?

Asked by Bill Aroink, Houston, TX Tue Oct 23, 2007

Answers

5
John Walasek, Agent, Grass Valley, CA
Thu Oct 17, 2013
John & Neva Walasek, Broker Associate with Century 21 Davis Realty, Inc. We have lived in Lake Wildwood for 28 years and have found it to be a very desirable area to live in. 300 acre lake, one of the most picturesque golf course's in northern California, tennis, 5 parks, community swimming pool, a friendly boating club and numerous other clubs. Prices range from under $200,000 to over
couple of million dollars. 1/4 acre to one acre parcels, 2,800 approx custom built homes. Schools,shopping and curches close by. Abouit 10 miles to Historic Grass Valley and within an hours drive to rivers lakes and 2 hours from lake Tahoe. Sacramento International Airport is about an hours drive. The Sacramento/ Roseville shopping, commercial and employment centers are
a short commute. Any additional information please email us at walasek5@sbcglobal.net
Stephan Black, Agent, Yuba City, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Lake Wildwood has seen about a 16% increase in values this year. Many sellers who had held their homes off the market during the past years due to depressed prices are now putting their homes back on the market, so there is a good selection of inventory to choose from. Distressed sales are running about 25% of the total market and declining. Hope that helps!
Tommy, , Lake wildwood., Ca
Thu Jan 13, 2011
50% of all the current active homes for sale are bank-Repo's or shortsales.

This area has a shortage of couples in thier 30's, looking to buy a house.
Skip Boheim, , Penn Valley, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
HIGH GAS PRICES LIMITING THE DESIRE TO TRAVEL , WHAT USED TO BE, THE "THE CALIFORNIA COMMUTE" The anti-expansion attitude of this area and poor shopping mean disaster for this Northern CA area. Avoid - I am.
Couldn't agree less. About 65% of the buyers in this area are from the Bay area. They have money. The market is quite active, 91 homes sold in Lake Wildwood since the end of March, 80 are on the market right now, 23 are under contract.
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Auburn, CA
Tue Oct 23, 2007
Hello Bill. Lake Wildwood is in my neck of the woods. I live in Nevada County myself and my office has locations in Nevada and Placer counties. The market in LWW is slow right now. There are a total of 118 active listings right now. Asking prices range anywhere from $203,000 - $3,399,000 (there are only 6 properties above $1,000,000). There are 12 pending contracts (asking prices range from $229,000 - $6,395,000). There have been 44 sales in the past 6 months (sold prices ranged from $195,000 - $1,150,000). The average days on the market has been 129 days. I can give you more detailed information. Just send me an e-mail through my website and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Ute Ferdig
Web Reference:  http://www.theMLShub.com