how do obtain deed to home with my name on it?

Asked by rmarquez, Austin, TX Thu Jun 13, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Laura Rosales, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Hi rmarquez,
Depending upon the scenario, there are several ways to answer your question.
If you just need a copy of the existing deed with your name on it, this is public record and you can get it from the title company who closed your last transaction or the county it was filed in.
If you want to change the way the home is currently deeded, this can also be done through a title company who has attorney's on staff and this will be most likely the least expensive route.
Why are you wanting to get this? There may be an alternative solution to reach your goal that does not involve a cost. Feel free to email me or call. I worked in the title industry prior to going into Real Estate so I may be able to assist with a solution or a contact who has one.
Best Regards,
Laura Rosales, REALTOR®
Premiere Team Real Estate
Call: (512) 771-5334
0 votes
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Contact a real estate attorney who can do this for you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more