how can I get comps for homes sold in the montgomery, 77316 area?

Asked by Jklig, 77316 Mon May 5, 2008

Answers

7
Sharon Shaw, , Montgomery, TX
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Most agents are glad to give you this information. With a few simple steps, and additional information regarding what you want to compare, we can give you a report that will show this information, and can also set you up on an automated system that shows you homes when they sell.
Michelle All…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat May 17, 2008
You can access the Houston MLS through my web site to pull comparable sales "and" comparable available homes to use to derive a price. I say availables because in this market you can't only look at the solds - you want to see what you are competing against so you'll know how to leverage your sales price... Many people including Realtors make this mistake that can cost the homeowner $thousands$ of dollars and a lost sale. If you are looking for an "average" sales price doing cost per sq ft is o.k. especially if you are living in a community that is built by similar builders. If you live on acreage or have a custom home, there are adjustments that must be made based on your amenities. When you are really wanting a "sale at" price your best bet is to have a market evaluation done on your home or professional appraisal - just be sure to let them know you want sales price in "this" market.

There are also some other "rule of thumb" items I go by in preparing my evaluations - just as an appraiser would do. You want to make sure you have someone do the evaluation that knows what they are doing...
Web Reference:  http://www.michelleallen.us
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Fri May 9, 2008
Sharon is almost correct, But a little more info is needed to do a true comp.
condition, subdivision trends and much more. Any Realtor that just uses size and location will most lickly not remove the forclosures, and short sales.

Any Realtor in the area will assist you without obligation , we do this for good will.

Good Luck
Sharon Shaw, Agent, Montgomery, TX
Thu May 8, 2008
Feel free to email me and in return I will send you comps- absolutely free! Please give me details about your home - # of bedrooms & baths, square footage, size of your lot, and year built. I look forward to hearing from you.
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon May 5, 2008
If you are looking to protest the property taxes, you can have a local realtor give you the comps. Most of us provide this as a free service to people.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon May 5, 2008
CMA's are based on the street address, any updates, sq. ft., # of rooms, bath, year built, google for a real estate agent in your area . CMA"s are only based on the past 6 months closed.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Janine Love, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Mon May 5, 2008
We would need to know subdivision or Keymap area, and the subject property's info such as # of bedrooms, baths, year built, square feet, lot size, etc. to get you the best comparables out there....