how can I find out what homes have sold for 2008/2009 75081 tax appraisal went up again can this be right?

Asked by Jody Williams, 75081 Wed May 13, 2009

Answers

13
Laura DeDome…, , Columbus, IN
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Historic data is available throught the MLS system. Contact a real estate and request an historic CMA (Comparative Market Analysis). Houses not sold through a realtor will not be in the MLS, these would include SBOs (For Sale By Owner) and sheriff's sales. if you know a house has sold and is not in the MLS, you can go to the county land records and get sales data on a specific address.
Susie Reichl…, , Dallas County, TX
Fri Oct 15, 2010
Sounds like you may want to try to get your taxes lowered. Is that correct. A real estate professional will often do this as a service to you, giving you comps to take to the tax office, or perhaps, advise you not to contest the taxes.
Doris Barnett, Agent, Richardson, TX
Tue Aug 31, 2010
There is actually a way in the MLS to find all solds through a tax record CMA. Any agent can help with this if they know how it is done. There has been discussions by different counties, cities about raising the "millage rate" That is the multiplier that the counties use to determine the actual amounts you are charged. So if you want to volunteer an address privately-I would be happy to help. You are past the time for protesting at this moment. We can prepare for next time but, you need accurate information right before the cut off timeframe. Doing it now will only give you an idea of if it is worth it in the future. By the way you are a neighbor of ours-we are at Abrams and Walnut! Stop by or call me 972-907-0000 Doris
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Wed Jun 16, 2010
It depends on a number of circumstances, but yes - it can be right. Any Realtor can arm you with comparatives from the MLS for sold data. It just takes a few moments to pull. Take that to the tax appraisal district and protest your values, if you feel they are out-of-line. I find the appraisal district is very nice and fair in their discussions regarding valuations. Where they find mistakes made, they do make corrections. If they stand by their assessment, they'll let you know. It doesn't hurt to go and have the conversation.
Ronda
Deborah J Da…, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Wed Jun 16, 2010
In some areas there have been so few sales that the assessors have had to search further back in time. By their own admission these assessments do not reflect the current market conditions. As Lynn says, the County Land Records office (usually at the courthouse) has this data, but on a property by property basis. The folks at that office can give you the guidelines for protesting your assessment.
Web Reference:  http://www.cbchesapeake.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Jun 10, 2010
You can check the County Tax Records which would have all the homes sold.

Realtors have only properties posted in MLS

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Hi Jody:

Generally the Accessor generates an increase based on last 90 -180 days of sales in your neighborhood plus any Bonds or Expenditures for schools, libraries etc. voted in.

You should act on getting comparables fast within 1/4 or 1/2 mile of your home in Richardson, Texas.

Then approach the county accessors office.

Best Regards
Perry
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
Darlene Herm…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Jun 9, 2010
I can, in just a few minutes time, provide you with a list of homes that match your home & area that have sold during that time frame.
Robie Graham, Agent, Leesville, LA
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Hi Mr. Williams,
There are ways of finding out this informantion. As a Real Estate Agent I do have my MLS which will show me properties that have closed in those years. Is there a property you want to know about or a area, something like that. If so I would be glad to email this info.When you say tax appraisal what do you mean, taxs haven't went up and appraisal may vary in amount, but usually cost around $450.00. I hope this has help you some.
Robie
Alan Cirson, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Typically Real Estate Tax assessor has been lowering Tax Values. However if you see it go up please contact your local Realtor to help you on this. Most of the time they reduce the taxable value due to the lower Real Estate Values. I personally have not heard of this.
Michael Russ…, , 75006
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Tax assessors generally lag the market. This is usually great since properties values generally go one way, up. This stinks when values are dropping and you think you're paying too much. You will need to email or calla Realtor with additional info since the assessors will want to see specific comparables and show condition of your house(pics,etc.)). The burden is on you to show why the tax value should be lowered. You have a window each year to dispute their estimate. best of luck
Web Reference:  http://realestateservant.com
Amy Downs, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed May 13, 2009
Please visit the below site, and you will be emailed that information right away. If you would like a personalized evaluation of your home, please give me a call at 972.468.5136 or email @ amydownsrealtor@yahoo.com.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed May 13, 2009
We do provide that service however on a consultant type bases.

It does require research obtain correct information. 109 properties have sold in that zip code

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Office: (972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale