homes in hockessin have seemed to have held there price is that true

Asked by Anthony Swarbrick, Hockessin, DE Tue Jul 22, 2008

Answers

5
Chris Philli…, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Wed Aug 19, 2015
Yes in general homes in better locations will hold their values better in a down market. They also will recover quickly in an up market. That doesn't mean there still are good values listed on the market compared to the homes value but that's where the skill of an experienced agent will help find those kinds of deals.
Will Webber, Agent, Newark, DE
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Hello Anthony. When one says "Held their price" there are a dozen ways to answer, and all answers are true and all answers may be different. Value is about competition, history, size, condition, amenities, proximity to work (or Superfund sites) and about a hundred other variables. Appraisers estimate a range of values and that is what they are licensed to do. Realtors and Brokers (like me, maybe?) use the same equipment that an appraiser would use, and we have access to info that justifies an expectation of value in anticipation of a listing. Did you want help with something in particular? Check my testimonials and history to see if my qualifications meet your expectations. My home office is 302-368-5400. WillWebberHomes.Com is where you can research your new Realtor.
Burkettlex, Home Buyer, Hockessin, DE
Wed Sep 25, 2013
No they have not . I figure they dropped about 15 % over the last few years. However, they seem to be rebounding rather quickly recently and I am told there is a low inventory now.
Jacqueline R…, Agent, Bear, DE
Tue Jul 22, 2008
In reviewing the market watch report from Trend, home prices have fallen in in the last year in zip code 19707 (Hockessin) by 3.61% and in 19808 (Pike Creek) by 10.34%
John Bogucki, , Hockessin, DE
Tue Jul 22, 2008
December 06 was the peak avg sales price for Hockessin at 544k. The figure for May 08 was 505.5k. That's down about 7%. Average days on market during that time has gone from 42 to 62 days on market.