average price per square ft for 1bedroom condo in Chicago in 2013

Asked by amclaurin1059, Chicago, IL Mon Apr 15, 2013

Answers

3
Matt Laricy’s answer
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 16, 2013
There is no general price per sq/ft. Also, in Chicago, we dont determine price by sq/ft we do it by comps. I dont know why we are like the rest of the civilized world, but we don factor in price per sq/ft.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Whatever the number might be has little to do with how to determine value. Residential property is not valued that way very often. Each neighborhood and property type is somewhat unique and you cannot generalize. One size does not fit all.
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 16, 2013
There can be no answer to this question. First of all Chicago is 30 miles long and 10 miles wide. Condos are in 2 flats and in 900 unit buildings and everything in between. Old, new, updated and rehabbed. Small and huge. It is just too open a question. Even if you can you narrow it down the next questions are is it a foreclosure, short sale or regular sale? Can the property be rented... so many more questions. I think if you are looking to buy the real questions are quite different.

Deb