Would you pay $18,000 more for the same house in Estero Fl, than a house in Clermont,FL?. The Clermont offer includes free closing worth $16,000.

Asked by Hamilton9, 34711 Sat Sep 11, 2010

Same house model--No free closing in Estero. About $30,000 difference total between 2 houses

Answers

8
ANDREW OLLICK, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Sun Sep 12, 2010
These are such different areas to compare. Where do YOU want to live? I think if you like one area over another, then the price difference doesn't really matter.

Estero is definitely a nicer area, closer to the beach, better climate and thus will see higher appreciation.
If you want my personal opinion, the YES I would pay $18K more for Estero any day of the week.

If you're comparing builder models, you might actually be able to get an Estero home for a similar price as Clermont home. It's all about negotiations. If you'd like representation in your transaction with the builder, we'd be happy to help.

Elena Ollick
Amerivest Realty
Faith Home Loans
239-206-4500
eo@oceanhomesrealty.com
http://www.andrewollick.com/realestateblog
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Sep 12, 2010
Estero and Clermont are very different communities located 170 miles apart. Clermont is in the central part of the state and a suburb of Orlando, while Estero is on the southwest coast between Naples and Fort Myers.

While I am biased towards Estero and southwest Florida, I think this is a personal preference and economic question that you need to decide. Where would you rather invest and live? Can you afford the extra $30,000?

Good luck with your decision and purchase!
Debra McAlis…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Sep 12, 2010
Hamilton,

As stated below they are two very different areas. In Estero you are about 20 minutes from the beach and many water sports. You can take a boat to Key West for the day. Sanibel and Captiva, rated as some of the best beaches are a 25 minutes drive.

When comparing you may also want to check both school ratings and crime statistics.

Debra
239-898-9933
Chris Spina, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sun Sep 12, 2010
Is winter temperatures 8-10 degrees lower in central Florida worth the discount? This is a big consideration for many people up north. Also, those are two distinct different market. It is the old Apple -v- Orange concept.
John R Fee, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Hi Hamilton,
If you are financing your purchase, I can understand the appeal of "Free Closing worth $16000", but would your closing costs even reach that amount? (If you were paying cash, your closing costs would be minimal). Is it a developer offering no closing costs on your finance charges? Hmmm, I would wonder why they are anxious to hand over $16000 to get the sale? If the exact same model is for sale in Estero, you can ask the local developer to match the offer. I don't know Clermont, but I sure know Estero, and the choice would be easy for me. How about 15 minutes to the beach, no freezing temps in the winter, fishing in the gulf, golf courses everywhere, easy traffic, close to everything, great people... and the list goes on. But you have to make the choice based on your situation. I would say, come on down to Estero, Hamilton. You will love it here.

John Fee - Keller Williams Elite Realty
(239) 776-0539
John@capturenaples.com
Web Reference:  http://www.capturenaples.com
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Sep 13, 2010
I know I am biased as I live in Estero and love it here......does Clermont offer as much as Estero?
Estero has pretty much everything you could need.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Sep 13, 2010
Live where you want to, that is the most important choice to make. $18,000 amortized over 30 years at 4.5% per annum is about $85.00 per month. With rates as low as they are, 18k isn't much if you amortize it.
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Sounds like you have answered your own question.
Which area do you like better?
Would you be happy with the home in Clermont?
Does it have everything you want?
$30,000 is a lot of money.