Would you currently describe Fremont as a Seller's Market, Buyer's Market or a Balanced Market?

Asked by Trulia Fremont, Fremont, CA Tue Apr 2, 2013

Answers

17
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Seller's Market.

.
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Wed Nov 6, 2013
The East Bay Market in general is finally showing sign of becoming a " normal " market as appose to the abnormal market that we all witnessed just a few months ago! With inventory shadow just behind us, I see great hope in the market. The current Market is at perfect equilibrium, where we have the supply and still a great demand. We will see how the supply and demand curve shifts early next year depending on the amount of funding the government will throw in the economy, which obviously will have an over all effect on the interest rates! I still think this is a great time to buy, especially for those thinking of holding for the next 7-10 years.
Dean Paul Do…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sat Jul 20, 2013
The answer to this question hinges on the definition of your terms. Sellers have more power now due to the multiple offer situation, while buyers may perceive prices as still discounted. With inventory low and prices climbing, I believe the market is nearing a seller's market.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Here is a post that may be helpful:

Summer Heats Up, Market Cools Down
http://ebpublishing.com/index.php?option=com_content&vie…

I don't believe we are going to see any kind of significant dip in prices - I believe the market metrics are too strong, however, we may see a gradual tapering off. There is already an increase in inventory hitting the market in most East Bay cities.
.
Tbone, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Thanks Barry. I'm feeling a rush to get into a house before prices go up more. If we return to a balanced market this fall or winter, I hope prices at that time will be comparable with today.
Barry Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Jul 10, 2013
To answer your follow up question; Prices will not drop just because of a small increase in the interest rate. Home prices change due to supply and demand. Demand is still high in most areas. The good news is that I have been predicting a more balanced market coming soon. Maybe this fall or winter. I'm already seeing it in some housing markets.
Hang in there and keep trying. You'll get a home soon.
Natasha Green, Agent, Danville, CA
Thu Jun 27, 2013
As inventory is still short, buyer interest remains very strong driven by the low interest rates. The resulting imbalance of the traditional supply/demand equation has created a very robust sellers’ market in the Fremont, CA area as well as outlining areas.
Eliane Selwan, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Tbone,

I highly doubt prices will take a dip any time soon. I do however expect the market to level, and the gap between supply and demand to narrow down a bit. This will result in more reasonable offers. I agree that in the last few months things got a little "crazy". But this is just the beginning of the recovery and up trend cycle. There are a lot of buyers still out there and rates are still low, even with the 1% increase.
Tbone, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Follow-up question then is how long will the seller's market last? I'm afraid the 1% intrest rate jump last week and the over bidding has put me back on the sidelines for buying. We just lost a house where we bid $50K over asking and heard it took $65K over asking to be one of the few on the counter offer list to take the selling price still higher. Too crazy for me. Any posibility of a price dip due to the interest rate increase?
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Carl knows Fremont,
I just wish he wasn't so loquacious!
Eliane Selwan, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Fremont, as well as any other city in the Bay Area, is experiencing a shortage in inventory, resulting in multiple offers and offers at significantly above the list price. Definitely a seller's market !
Michael Koen…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
If we're talking about the market as defined by Supply vs Demand, where there is greater demand than supply, then we easily have a seller's market.

Being that it's a seller's market, doesn't necessarily mean our prices are back to where they were before the housing crash. But we have seen a very steep appreciation curve in the past 12 months.

Limited inventory plus historically low interest rates have combined to create a bit a of a 'perfect storm.'

my 2 cents ;)
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
To call Fremont a seller’s market seems to understate the concept of “seller’s market”.

With properties in almost all price ranges selling extremely quickly with multiple offers and for prices that very often exceed the asking price the market if Fremont is a sellers’ market on steroids.

Much the same can be said of most markets in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Joe Patel, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Without doubt it's seller market since low inventory.It is best time for seller and challenging time for most buyers.Good Luck to all the buyers out there.
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Without question....it's a seller's market at nearly every level, including homes over $1M.

Tough out there for buyers. Dream scenario for sellers who were waiting for the market to rebound
Michael Tess…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Good Question...
Like most Bay Area Cities I would say it is a SELLERS market. This of course depends on the seller...you have to have it priced correctly to begin with and still NOT overprice it or you will sit on the market until you find the correct asking price. I also believe it has to be presented to the market properly and it should be staged but in Fremont staging doesn't occur as often as it should. You also have to have it marketed properly to the world not just to the listing companies agents but the property should be on the MLS for at least 7 days in order to be certain everyone has seen it. I personally suggest that the property be listed on a Wednesday or Thursday Open House Saturday and Sunday remain on the MLS for showing all week and then another open house on that following Sunday so far this has always generated multiple offers for my seller's and that is the goal to have more than one person interested in purchasing the home so that the seller remains in control.
I hope this answers your question and if it does not please feel free to email me at myeastbayhouses@gmail.com to discuss this matter further or you may also text/call me at 925-519-9099
Professionally yours,
Michael
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Sellers market in most all price ranges