Wondering what 3 acres fronting national forest might be worth in the market today

Asked by Holly, Florida Sun Nov 4, 2007

Answers

2
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Sun Nov 4, 2007
Holly,

Much of this depends on location, but property bordering by national forest land can be very desirable to many people. Is the lot suited for building? What is going on with property around you?

Anyone seeking privacy from neighbors and the peace of mind that they will retain some of that privacy for a long period of time adds value to the property. Obviously there are many factors involved with the value of a piece of land and much of the information to answer your question is missing.

I would be happy to help you get an idea about the value of your property. If you would like to contact me by e-mail I can find out some details about your property and discuss this information in a more private forum.

james.dudley@era.com
Shelly Fisher, , Clayton, GA
Tue Apr 21, 2009
Hello Holly,
In Rabun County, GA approx. 70% of the land is owned by the National Forest or by Georgia Power around our Lake Burton. So for someone looking to have privacy we have a lot of land backed by national forest. I have one home in a quite area with over an acre of land that is backed by national forest and it is listed at $359,900. Beautiful log with 3 bedrooms.
This market is going to see housing come back I believe before land. Because their are some good buys out there on homes. Some inventory will need to be bought before land can begin to move again.
For anywhere right now you need to find a Realtor willing to take the time and explain their area and where land and homes stand right now. Price is a big key right now. Hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.shellyfisher.com