With new developments going on in the colony like the tribute, will the colony rebound from its current

Asked by Home Ferret, Plano, TX Thu Jan 31, 2008

Will realtors support this area and will it be successful even though The Colony is known for its old Fox and Jacobs style communities?

Answers

6
Mike Gonzalez, Agent, The Colony, TX
Sun Apr 6, 2008
Many agents stay away from The Colony and that's too bad. I live in The Colony going on my 8th year. It's a great place to live, work, and play. The old Fox & Jacobs that started our city are great homes... the same home in Carrollton or Lewisville will cost you tens of thousands more. With the additions of Northpointe, Ridgepointe, The Legends, Stewart Peninsula, and now The Cascades, people are finally realizing how great and diverse The Colony is. Add all the businesses that will be coming into our city in combination with the road improvements and "The City by the Lake" can only go in one direction: up!
Web Reference:  http://www.TheColonyTX.gov
It can only go up because it's the last city that has not. Home prices more in surrounding cities since those cities have excellent home appreciation and return on investment, the colony has nill, and taxes slightly higher. The colony should reinvent itself, get real city managers with real city experience or go commercial all the way.
Flag Wed Mar 15, 2017
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Jan 31, 2008
The biggest challenge The Colony faces is the horrendous traffic. There is only one way in and out of there. Until they fix the infrastructure and build a better way to get in and out of there, anything they build is not going to solve their problem.
Donnatx61, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Wed Mar 15, 2017
The colony tx rebound? Lol, the city runs itself like non-other. Reason everything developed around the colony and not within. I cannot say they are behind the times since atleast by 1950 most subdivisions had street drainage and street lighting. The colony is only just now "starting" to add those apparent luxory's. Make matters worst, their tax rate is just slightly higher than the surrounding cities and home appreciation, not worth mentioning.
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Thu Jul 31, 2008
The Colony was named by D Magazine a few years back as the #6 city in the DFW Metroplex in which to live. Can you say location, location, location? It has a good mix of price points - did you know there are half-million to million dollar homes on Lewisville Lake in The Colony? I'm listing two of them right now. It's still just half an hour to DFW airport off peak. And, it's a stone's throw to Legacy Business Corridor and Stonebriar Centre Mall. The Legends is one of our most popular resale communities. And, someone is always on the lookout for a great investment in those older Fox & Jacobs homes. My first house was on Reed in The Colony. It was a great investment for us as young, first-time homebuyers 17 years ago. Realtors never stopped supporting this area. I rely on resale in The Colony as a cornerstone of my real estate business every year. With the expansion of hwy 423 and the Hwy 121 tollway construction completion date just around the corner, The Colony will only get better and better. New construction doesn't hurt an area - it shines a new light on the city and brings in new interest.
Web Reference:  http://www.rondaallen.net
RE/MAX Empire…, , Texas
Tue Apr 8, 2008
Mike is right!
Side note- Nice to see you here Mike. I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood.
RE/MAX Empire…, , Texas
Fri Mar 28, 2008
I am a real estate broker living and working in The Colony. I moved to this area seven years ago and I love it! The F&J homes still exist but we have newer areas that are very impressive. There is traffic during rush hour. However, no more than anywhere else.

I really enjoy living in 'The City by the Lake'. Come spend some time here and I think you will love it like I do!

Melody Botting
Broker
RE/MAX Empire Realty