Why have number of home sales in Frederick, MD dropped so dramatically in 2014 on the Trulia site?

Asked by allisonccorbett, Olney, MD Fri Jul 11, 2014

Answers

2
Kelly Putz, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Trulia and the MRIS (our local MLS system) ended their relationship in 2013, so local Realtors have to manually upload listings into the system, if they want them to appear on Trulia.

Unless a site is Realtor based (Realtor.com, local real estate company websites, etc) the llisting information is almost ALWAYS out of date. The two worst ones are Zillow (sometimes 2 years out-of-date) and Redfin (often months out-of-date).

I often have clients call and ask to see homes they have found on one of these sites only to look it up on our MLS and discover that the home had been sold months before.

If you'd like to sign up for the most accurate listings locally, please go to my website at http://www.kellyputz.com.

:)
Kelly Putz
Realtor in MD, DC & VA
Barcroft Realty Group
Audrey Felts, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Sat Jul 12, 2014
Website like Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com do not provide the most accurate, up to date information in homes that are listed for sale. The best way to receive the most accurate and up to date information is to have a Realtor send you properties listed in the Multiple List Service, MLS. This is a state wide system used my real estate professionals. You email can also be added so you receive notification as soon as a property becomes listed within the entered search fields.

I would be glad to send you updates of the market in Frederick. Feel free to email me, afelts@homesale.com