Nick, Home Buyer in 20002

Why are there so many properties on the market in the Pleasant Plains area? Is it a bad sign? Bargain?

Asked by Nick, 20002 Tue Sep 25, 2007

Answers

1
No, I've lived there for four years. Every summer there seems to be a cluster of for sale signs that was slowely moving closer. It started in the Adams Morgan/Mt.P areas and has slowley moved over. This area will still be refered to as Columbia Heights or Petworth depending on where you're looking. I've rarley heard this neighborhood name.

It looks like 11th street is set to become a nice locally-focus business strip. We already have Red Rocks, Columbia Heights Coffees, Wonderland, El Riconcito, 11th Street Deli, Acuario's, etc.

That said, be prepared to become somewhat active in your community. We have block cleanups, neighborhood pub crawls, and game nights. There is a lot of older people on their front steps just watching the world go by. Take every chance to get to know these people. They have so much knowledge of history and a wonderful perspective on DC.