Why are most of the homes for sale in Arlington, TX in the Southwest ? I have heard that there are foundation problems and tons of fracking.

Asked by Roxanne Denise, Arlington, TX Mon Nov 18, 2013

Answers

5
Kelsey Hicks, Agent, Arlington, TX
Tue Dec 31, 2013
In this area, where the listings are is just the nature of the market. We actually have more on the market in central and north Arlington (Martin HS-181, Lamar HS-180) than we do in southwest Arlington (Summit HS-83). A little of the Martin area would be considered SW Arlington but not many.

Texas is notorious for shifting soils but it typically produces hairline cracks in the corners and above openings that change with the seasons. Nothing major. If you have concerns about a foundation, don't hesitate to have your agent call in a foundation company that they trust to evaluate it. Most foundation problems are due to lack of water during our hot summers. Very preventable and correctable, to a point depending on the severity, by getting water in the soil around the house.

About a year ago the fracking really slowed within the city limits. You still see the equipment go up here and there but not like it was four years ago. Texas in general, especially N. Texas, was not devastated by the recession that we just went through and much of that is attributed to our oil and gas resources.

If you have other concerns, feel free to contact me. Happy New Year!
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Roxanne,

There are homes all over Arlington for sale, however different areas may have different price ranges. For example there are lots of home in the new development called Viridian:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/30350/s…

You can check out homes in this neighborhood at the link above. Townhomes start about $220,000 and homes about $300,000 and this is in NE Arlington.

There can be foundation issues anywhere in North Texas and it is just one of many things to look for when buying a home. That's why we suggest you never go at it alone. Have a partner on your side. Get a home inspection too and if needed a foundation inspection. It's not a guarantee, but may give you some peace of mind. Let me know if we can assist you.
Christian Br…, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Roxanne,
Southwest Arlington is a community I lived in for years. Currently, there are active listings spread throughout Arlington. Depending on your search specs, it may seem as if the SW has the most. Foundation issues aren't exclusive to SW Arlington. They are easily observed all over north Texas. My understanding is that the clay soil is to blame. It expands and contracts with temps and moisture. Fracking, they say is safe and causes no harm. However, some would say earthquake reports certainly have been on the rise in our region since the practice started.

Christian Brunger
Agent
KW Realty - DFW
(817) 915 5680
christianbrunger@gmail.com
Jason Todd, Agent, Frisco, TX
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hello Roxanne,

I would have to agree with Joe, you can find foundation issues anywhere. I think you have to look at each house on an individual basis. I work with some really good structural engineers that are just a phone call away if there is evidence of foundation issues.I have had 2 houses in the last few months that I recommended my client have a structural engineer come and look at. If I can help you with your search give me a call or shoot me an email.

Jason Todd-214-458-4198

JToddRealty@gmail.com

Check out my website below, it will have all current homes listed on the MLS and is very user friendly.
Web Reference:  http://ToddHomesForSale.com
Debi Halleck, Agent, Arlington, TX
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hello Roxanne. I'm not an expert on fracking nor know of it's relation to foundation issues in any part of our city. Foundation issues are usually a result of lack of maintenance to keep a balance of moisture surrounding the foundation. Also, poor construction or soil type could adversely affect a home's foundation performance. Although no one knows the long term effects of fracking, foundation issues have been around a long time. If you are interested in purchasing a home in South West Arlington I am happy to assist you. If there is ever a doubt about the integrity of a foundation, I call a professional for their opinion. Hope this helps provide more insight to your question.