Why are home prices low in Perth Amboy, NJ? Are the schools below average, or is the crime rate high?

Asked by Niselin, Edison, NJ Tue Oct 9, 2007

Answers

11
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Tue Oct 9, 2007
You can find out the answers to both those questions by going to my website and checking out the town's demographics in the "community demographics" link.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Classylady23…, Renter, Perth Amboy, NJ
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Oh and when it comes to schools both my kids go to public schools and I haven't had a problem with the schooling especially for my 3 yrs old I feel very safe with him going to school in perth amboy
Classylady23…, Renter, Perth Amboy, NJ
Wed Jul 16, 2014
I live here in perth amboy and I must say it's not a bad town at all, stores are not far, as far as crime rate honestly every place has its good and bad nowhere you live will be perfect and when it comes to a home being cheap maybe because it needs a lot of renovations but great for 1st time home buyers.. Also that guy vas he's doing time for what he did, we hAve a pretty good mayor she can improve but I honestly can't say anything bad about my town, my favorite place is being able to walk the waterfront their fixing it up because of the Sandy storm but it's full of beautiful views... good luck
Mariana Carr…, Agent, South River, NJ
Fri Jan 11, 2013
I have been working with buyers and sellers in Perth Amboy,prices are low because the peope used to modify the houses without any professional advice,they divide bedrooms in order to have two rooms to rent and make money.
Today is very hard to find a house under $200,000.00 that has a good layout inside,most of the cheaper houses's bedrooms do not have space for a bed.
Bathrooms are made in corners ,without ventilation,etc...everything to get more rooms for rent.
A house listed by $100,000.00 with 3 bedrooms is not neccesary a good home.
Price is good but you never know how much money will need to be ready to move.
You have to bring a constructor,have an estimate,see who is gonna pay for the repairs.
Everything before the short sale approval because some times the short sales Bank can help with repairs,depends of what kind of things are,and this has to be informed before the Bank give the approval.

Hispanic community is good,the people is nice but,they have been doing this kind of modifications inside the houses,this is the true.

There are still,some good areas to live and find good houses,but,depends of the price range.
Email me if you need more information.
Daniel Gomez, Agent, Perth Amboy, NJ
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Perth Amboy is a nice town. It is afforadable for first time home buyers, with some great sales prices.
Schools do have room for improvement as do others New Jersey Towns.
To see Home Prices go to my website.
Investor X, , Gilbert, AZ
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Take a drive through there. Your question will be answered. Perth Amboy looks like a 3’d world country. Crime, dirty, nobody speaks English, pot holes and politicians are constantly in corruption. GOOGLE mayor Joy Vas. Perth Amboy still looks like you’re in a time warp 1940’s. Buildings still look the same. And so does housing nothing changed. Only thing that changed are clothing fashions and Puerto Rican flags.
Perth Amboy…, Home Seller, Perth Amboy, NJ
Wed Aug 25, 2010
Perth Amboy is an old town with a variety of older homes, newer homes and a mix of neighborhoods. The schools are good--that also depends on the student! The home prices are lower because the houses are older and may need some fixing up, parking may be an issue in some areas, check with a local realtor about which areas are more crime prone. There are newer homes with larger property, the Holy Spirit section is an excellent area. The waterfront is a hidden treasure--Perth Amboy should advertise it more! I grew up in Perth Amboy and I think it's a great town. For the commuter it's close to all major roads, close to shopping and entertainment and it has some great local restaurants. Property taxes, even though people complain, are also lower than other areas.
Resident, Home Buyer, Perth Amboy, NJ
Mon Jul 28, 2008
I live in Perth Amboy and the Schools are not GOOD. I have my son In Private School,,, I don't know about crime. I think is good to live.....Just some crazy people
Citizen, , Mesa, AZ
Tue Jun 10, 2008
You can write to the Perth Amboy Chamber of Commerce office (look up address on Web) and request info about the town and area be mailed to you.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Oct 13, 2007
HI,
We service Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties. I have long thought of Perth Amboy as a sleeper, whose time has not yet come.

Our office can deliver via email or snail mail a 36 page report on Perth Amboy that details school and demographic info, and also includes recent sales, current available properties, and inventory reports for the last 2 years. There is no obligation for this report and it can be sent as a PDF file to your email box or mailed via USPS.

Simply contact our customer sevice desk and request.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group, Inc
732 - 530-7755 Main Office
732 -530-6350 Direct
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Thu Oct 11, 2007
I have a listing in Perth Amboy, and I have to say that this place is taking off. The neighborhood is quite nice and along the water they are building beautiful condos.. and a new marina.. the next big thing very close to New York... expect a big influx of New Yorkers in the future and people looking for an easyt commute into NYC and Staten Island. High spped ferry to Manhattan close by -
Web Reference:  http://www.johnsacktig.com