Why are home prices in marlboro lower than comparable districts w windsor, plainsboro, montgomer, n edison?

Asked by Sb, Franklin Park, NJ Wed Jun 4, 2008

Marlboro seems to have excellent schools. I am looking for 4 br, 2.5 bath, 2700-3000 sq ft within 10 year old
homes. Surprised to find home prices are much lesser than comparable school districts like plainsboro, west windsor, montgomery & north edison.

What is the reason for lower prices in marlboro eventhough the schools seem very good. Am i missing something? Also, how are the property taxes in marlboro?

Answers

3
Dave White, Home Seller, Marlboro, NY
Thu May 23, 2013
I have the perfect house for you. Its only 9 years old and has been very well maintained. Its priced to sell because I am semi-retired and my wife and I want to relocate to North Carolina to be closer to family. Follow the link below and you can see it. Hope you like it!
Good Luck David in North Carolina! And Congratulations on your semi-retirement. I hope you enjoy your new location.. Your house looks BEAUTIFUL.!!! I wish I could have had one like that! I'm still working and I will probably stay here in Beekman, NY until I die working! Take Care, Kathy White
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
Barbara Cart…, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Hi SB
Yes home prices in Marlboro have been affected negatively do to the market. You are not missing anything. Marlboro is a little know but beautiful spot in the Hudson Valley. It is commuter friendly.

The property tax rate is 3.94/$1000 assessed value and base on 100% of the assessment.

What you have discovered is a beautiful place to buy a home at a great price!
Good Luck
Barbara Carter
http://www.NewPaltzRealEstate.com
Janine Bowen, , Ulster, Greene, Dutchess and Orange Counties
Fri Jun 6, 2008
I think you are referring to locations in NJ, if I am not mistaken. This is appearing in the Marlboro, NY section of Trulia. If I could help, I would. :-)