Market Conditions in 60532>Question Details

Paul Valente, Other/Just Looking in Lisle, IL

Which towns within a 25 mile radius of me are showing signs of recovery with more shorter days on market than other towns?

Asked by Paul Valente, Lisle, IL Mon Mar 8, 2010

Looking for Towns around me, excluding Chicago, that homes are selling much faster compared to others by means of recent sales and fewer days on market.

Hey Steve, thank you for the response. The exercise is a
I do not personally think that Average Maket Time has any more relevance than comparing Original List Price to Final Closed Price. The commonly reported metric is Final List Price to Closed Price as the "standard discount" for a community and price. Should we not also then look at the elapsed time from when the Final List Price is instituted until when the property went under contract as the real selling time once the sellers "got the price right"? Why don't we? Because the data has to be extracted and the time period manually calculated. When this is done the answer seems to come up to about 25 - 25 days just about anywhere that I have calculated it. Coincidentally, I just performed that exercise for 60532 a couple of weeks ago for the price range of $250K - $300K and the answer was 25 days. Make sense?