Where is the best second home value in the market today?

Asked by Rudolph McCormick, Watertown, WI Tue Apr 22, 2008

Looking for good value based on price, location, lakes, and sq foot/$.

Answers

12
Wanda Boldon, Agent, Siren, WI
Mon Dec 22, 2008
Hi Rudy,
I think that lakeshore lots would be a great investment right now - not only in our area (Burnett County), but probably in most any Wisconsin lakes region. For over two years, we have seen the vacant lakeshore market completely fall away, with little or no buyers looking to buy. There were just too many existing cabins to choose from and spec builders were not actively buying and building. In the last two months, we have noticed more inquiries for vacant lakeshore than we've had in two years. It's a good indicator that the lake lot market has hit bottom and is ready to rise.
Amy Gutschow, Agent, Sheboygan Falls, WI
Tue Sep 2, 2008
Of course you need to buy in Sheboygan County! We have everything you could be looking for from Lake Michigan to Smaller lakes like Elkhart or Crystal. Herb Kohler has done wonders for our area with his Golf courses and we are in the top 10 Golf destinations every year! I have a big beautiful lake house listing right now and it is only $519,000! Check out my web site for several of my great listings or search the whole local mls from my site . http://www.AmyGutschow.com
Dave Gooden, , Minneapolis, MN
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Rudy - you should know this answer! Check out the LakePlace.com Lakeshore Values tool to compare prices on all lakes in Wisconsin. Compare by city or lake.

http://www.lakeplace.com/values/wisconsin
Jean Hedren, Agent, Spooner, WI
Wed May 28, 2008
Northwestern Wisconsin, specifically Douglas, Washburn, Bayfield, and Sawyer Counties, offer some of the best second home values in spectacular northwoods locations in the market. Check us out!
Val Oscislow…, Agent, Minocqua, WI
Fri May 23, 2008
The Lakeland area encompasses Miocqua, Hazelhurst, Woodruff, Arbor Vitae 7 lac Du Flambeau. Each little town has something special about it and the entire area is so beutiful you can't help but love it. this is the most concentrated lakes region in the world and there is something for every recreational desire summer or winter. our property values have held up and will continue to do so. Great road access and friendly people. check my website for all area lisyings.
Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Wed May 14, 2008
Rudy-

I am not an agent in Wisconsin, but in Illinois. My husband and I looked at many lakes in Wisconsin before we purchased one on Legend Lake in Keshena, WI which is about 30 miles NW of Green Bay or 1 1/2 hours North of Appleton. (7 miles north of Shawano Lake).

It takes us less than 4 hours to get there from Chicago. We wanted the feel of the Northwoods without the long drive. We have 3/4 of an acre full of trees & over 100 feet of a sand beach. The lake is clean as there is no farm run off or any type of commercial property on the lake. It is a full rec lake, with hours of no wake for fishing between 6:00 P.M. & 10:00 A.M.. Many of our neighbors are from Milwaukee, Appleton & Chicago. We absolutely love it up there. I provided the website for you.
http://www.legendlake.org
Rachel Baehr, , Sun Prairie, Madison, Dane County and surrounding areas
Tue May 13, 2008
Rudy,
There is a lot of mention to Minocqua...I think that is a great area. However, I do have another option...Just about 40 minutes west of Minocqua in Butternut, WI. It is just north of Park Falls, south of Ashland and a secret hiding place.

It really depends on the feel/type of area you are looking for...The area I am speaking of is a quiet area. Very quaint, but also has some great fishing (year round), ATV Trails, snowmobile trails, etc...the website is below. We would sell this for $125000...
Web Reference:  http://muskybayresort.com
Kris Remiker, , 54220
Fri May 9, 2008
Check out Manitowoc Wiscosin, we on beautiful Lake Michigan, just an hour away from Milwaukee, Door County, and the Fox Cities. You find homes here much more reasonably priced then you will in Door County. Point Beach State Forest is located with in minutes. You find numerous Golf Courses, including Kohler, Whistling Straits, just 25 minutes away.. Small town advantages, with short driving to the big city.
Jodi Vandyke, , Sturgeon Bay, WI
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Rudy, I invite you to consider beautiful Door County. We are surrounded by water, including Lake Michigan and the Bay of Green Bay. There are also several beautiful inland lakes. We are only a short drive Northeast of Green Bay.
Jackie Petit, Agent, Winter, WI
Fri Apr 25, 2008
Southern Sawyer County has some of the best values on waterfront and other recreational property. We are 30 miles southeast of Hayward.
jp
Web Reference:  http://www.jackiepetit.com
Jackie Leonh…, Agent, Tomahawk, WI
Wed Apr 23, 2008
I am in Tomahawk WI, just south of Minocqua. We have had more overflow business from the Minocqua area because of the pricing and we are off Hwy 51/39 where the 4 lane ends going up to Minocqua. This can take off a hour or more for people coming up to their cottage. Lots of lakes to choose from and you get more for your money.
Web Reference:  http://www.choosejackie.com
Neil Pluister, Agent, Minocqua, WI
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Hello Rudy, I believe my market in Minocqua Wisconsin is what your looking for. We have been steady on growth as well as steady increases in property values. Feel free to view my site for available listings if you care to see our market. We are a secondary home market, primarily selling waterfront properties. I believe this type of property makes are market unique and our type of buyers are able to ignore the bad times of the economy. I personally experience growth in sales every year as well as the company I represent. So what I'm saying is that we have a strong market that is dictated by the buyers of second homes, vacation properties, hunting land, etc...