Where can I find how long the average time a home in Fremont, CA is on the market before selling?

Asked by Erin, Fremont, CA Mon Oct 1, 2007

I'm trying to find out how long the average time a home in Fremont, CA sits on the market before selling. The specific neighborhood is the Irvington District. Thanks for any information provided. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Answers

9
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Nov 12, 2008
Hello Erin,
Please see the attached for the average days on market for Fremont. This will be broken down into price ranges. As you will see, the days on market are quite different for many price ranges. I can do only the Irvington area, zip code 94538, if you would like that. It would be difficult to do only the Irvington High School area since that would include two zip codes, 94538 & 94539. And, as you know, 94539 is mostly the Mission & Warm Springs.

I hope this information will help you.

Born and raised, and still live here, I know the city well. Selling homes since 1985, I know how to sell homes in different markets. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any additional help.
market update video: http://realtytimes.com/REUv/BrianRipp
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfd3zxmw_4f797twhr

Brian Ripp, Broker, CRS, GRI
Realty World-Viking Realty
510-794-9006 wk
510-710-4905 cell
Kenneth Lee, Agent, Piedmont, CA
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Hi Erin,

At Alain Pinel Realtors, we have a Trendgraphix that will tell you, among other things, the average number of days a property has been on the market for your area.

For instance, for zip code 94538 in August '07, 54 single-family homes were for sale, 4 sold, 5 went pending, and the average days on the market was 31.

Mary
Web Reference:  http://www.apr.com/mburns
Serena Russe…, Agent, FREMONT, CA
Tue Nov 11, 2008
Hello Erin,

I wondered what you had decided regarding your home selling/buying decision. Did you find a Realtor to assist you?

I understand many buyers having this same question of wanting to know the progression of price changes; however I would caution you to not rely too much on that type of information. In a volatile market, things can change quickly, and pricing is no exception. There are no easy answers, and comparisons can be difficult to understand. For example two identical properties on the same street with similar features, could sell for very different amounts within a few months of each other........this is indicative of the market that we are in.

Could I ask what sites you are searching? Many public websites do not update their information frequently, as a result buyers are seeing old information.

I am an area expert. I have access to MLS listings to find you the best properties as soon as they come on the market. The REALTOR MLS is the most updated source of information. It will show the kind of information you are asking.

I stay informed of the changes in today's real estate market, so you can feel completely confident that I can offer you every possible advantage.

I offer a pre-market consultation
Help you establish the right asking price based on market data.
Most importantly, I believe in developing strong relationships and customer satisfaction.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Tue Oct 30, 2007
Hi Erin. A real estate agent in the Fremont area will be your best source. Please keep in mind that it's important to look at data for similar properties in the neighborhood in which you are interested in order for the average days on the market information to be meaningful. For instance, if you just looked at how long all the properties in that particular neighborhood were on the market before they went into escrow, you'd not account for difference in size and other features that require adjustments. For instance, if you have 2,000 square foot house you want to know how long similar houses were on the market and you don't really care how long it took for a 1,200 or 3,000 square foot house to go into escrow. It is also important that you compare those properties that were priced right as overpriced homes, even though similar to yours, will affect the average days on market if they are considered in the analysis. Lastly, you'll also want to take a look at how many listings of similar properties expired and take a look at the price and also the original list price. While everybody wants to get the most for their property, the worst thing you can do is put the property on the market at price that's too high and then chase the market with price reductions.

Best of luck to you,
Ute Ferdig
Web Reference:  http://www.theMLShub.com
Sistine & Ra…, , Tucson, AZ
Mon Oct 1, 2007
The best contact would be a real estate agent that knows your area. Another option would be to contact the local Realtor Association and Multiple Listing Service.
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Thu Nov 1, 2007
Average market time will be determined by the price you ask for the home. If you are not willing to price it right, your market time will be 180 days plus... or worse.

Where is the property located and what price are you going to put it at?
Annie Nguyen, , Fremont, CA
Thu Nov 1, 2007
You can find that information from your Realtor. The time for the home sitting on the market is also depending on how much the price was set and its location as well as its conditon. If the price is right then the house will be sold in a short time. The better the condition and the covenient location are added value to the house. Irwington District is very acitve market . There wer a lot of turnovers in that neighborhood. Days on market would rnge from 24 to 44 days for single residential homes. I hope you will find my answer informative.
Jessica Gamez, , The East Bay, Central Valley and Sacramento, www.jessicagamez.mywindermere.com
Tue Oct 30, 2007
Easy answer. Call a local real estate office like Windermere and ask an agent to look up the specific area you are looking for (street, cross streets, neighborhood etc.) and they can find out all that info for you and more. Are you asking because you are interested to see whether or not your house should go on the market? Or were you just trying to get the best deal in a certain area? Either way, a good agent will have access to sites you may not be able to see and is usually trained to pull up that info pretty quickly.

Jess
Brett Dunne -…, Agent, Upland, CA
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Erin:

Here is a link to one of the best Real Estate teams in and around the East Bay. Their office is in Fremont or San Leandro.
http://www.cocolewis.com/
Web Reference:  http://www.DayBreakGroup.com