Where can I find an investor friendly Realtor to help me with investing (buying and selling) in the greater Green Bay area?

Asked by Choua, Green Bay, WI Sun Mar 28, 2010

Answers

7
Shane Renard, Agent, Green Bay, WI
Fri May 31, 2013
I work with investors in Green Bay, WI and surrounding cities.
Johnjppaul, , Houston County, TX
Mon May 14, 2012
Hello! Here are list of investor friendly realtors that will surely help: http://reiclub.com/real-estate-agents.php
Craig Amunds…, , Green Bay, WI
Mon Mar 29, 2010
Interview several agents and set goals that you expect to meet with your investment, are you looking for commercial, self managed, duplex, single family, multi family. There are several ways to invest and the agent you select should have knowledge and be able to guide you through the process to minimize the risk and help you meet your expectations.

Invest a little time hiring a profesional that is compatable with your investment sratigies.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sun Mar 28, 2010
It's likely that investor-friendly Realtors participate in some of the real estate investment clubs around Green Bay. Here's a link to Wisconsin clubs: http://www.creonline.com/real-estate-clubs/wi.html

I'm puzzled at some of the of the other advice below:

"an experienced agent who has an extensive knowledge of construction" I just don't get that one at all. There's no assurance that an agent with "extensive knowledge of construction" knows anything about investing, much less that that agent is investor-friendly.

And while I'd agree that experience is preferable to little/no experience, watch out for agents whose extensive experience has been with typical, traditional real estate.

Here are a few questions to ask any Realtor you're considering:

(1) How many investment properties do you own?
(2) Tell me about the last three clients you had who were investors. What were they looking for and how did you help them?
(3) Can you give me the names of some references who are real estate investors?
(4) How do you feel about land contracts or lease options? [An investor-friendly agent will at least be open to them; if the agent says they're not good or they don't work out, move on.]
(5) Do you know any hard money lenders? Who are they? [In many cases, you wouldn't want to use a hard money lender. But an investor-friendly agent should know of some.]
(6) Is it possible to be a real estate investor without buying or selling real estate? If so, can you tell me a few ways? [Sandwich lease-options and wholesaling are two. Or using straight options. Buying and selling notes would also be an acceptable answer.]

If the agent can't answer most of those questions, then the agent isn't investor-friendly and/or the agent knows almost nothing about real estate investing.

Cindy Leiter…, Agent, De Pere, WI
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Kong,

Your best approach, in my opinion, is to find an experienced agent who has an extensive knowledge of construction as well as the market. Most agents are friendly. What you want is knowledge and experience. Ask your friends and relatives for referrals. I have investors that I work with on a continuous basis so I know what you are looking for in a property.

Take care.

Cindy Leiterman
Nan Brennan, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Kong,
I am in Appleton but I work both Appleton and Green Bay markets. If I can be of assistance feel free to contact me.
Nan Brennan
Century 21 First Appleton
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Sun Mar 28, 2010
You can find someone on Trulia - or you can get a local recommendation from a friend or family member.