When do you foresee the market improving in Concord?

Asked by Jamie Duvnjak, 94521 Tue Sep 23, 2008

Answers

6
, ,
Wed Apr 2, 2014
I see this post is an old post. If you were to ask today, the inventory levels have decreased because much of the distressed housing has worked its way through the market. With better weather coming, and Summer, the market should improve. Interest rates are increasing so if you were looking for a key moment to jump in, now would be the time. Hope this helps.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Nov 17, 2011
It seems like the really desirable homes, in the really desirable neighborhoods are in demand.
For the next 15 months, I personally expect to see the emphasis on individual homes, and less on the Median/Average. Meaning, the desirable homes will go up a little and some will flounder.

It also seems like the average buyer wants a finished, turn-key home. They do not have a lot of money left over to fix it up: It has to be done with good taste.

Good luck and may God bless
Steve Comfort, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Thu Nov 17, 2011
It depends on what part of Concord and what type of property. I've sold a number of properties in Concord that have dropped in value over the past few months. Fortunately prices seem to be stabilizing, but they haven't started to go up yet. Trends are always based on historical data, so as always, "Hindsight is 20/20." However, according to the link below things will start improving next year. I hope this is helpful to you.
Bernard Gibb…, Agent, Danville, CA
Tue Sep 23, 2008
Difficult question, Jamie. You'll need a good crystal ball for that one.

Real estate prices in all areas are determined by a combination of supply and demand and consumer confidence. I see signs that consumer confidence is getting better - we are seeing more sales - but the future supply and demand is very much related to how many foreclosures have yet to take place in Concord. These will be offered at bargain prices by the banks and so prices stay low.

Visit my web site at http://www.bernardgibbons.com if you would like to be placed on an automated email system that would send you details of homes for sale in Concord as they come on the market. That would help you to keep in touch with where prices are going.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com
Vickie Nagy, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Tue Sep 23, 2008
Hello Jamie!

The Concord Market is showing some legs. The median price of single family homes during July was $385,000 in July improving to $395,000 in August.

Although the number of units that sold and closed in July was higher than August, the August reports shows a marked increase in the number of homes pending sale.

This web address will take you to a series of Concord CA real estate market reports...for the overall market and reporting just on short sales and foreclosures.
http://vickiesellshomes.com/category/concord-ca/median-home-…

Please contact me with any of your real estate questions. I work hard to keep my customers informed about the local market.

Kindest Regards,
Vickie Nagy
Realtor, Empire Realty Associates
(925) 407-7987
Johnny Huang,…, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Tue Sep 23, 2008
Yes...It's already improving in Pittsburg, just a matter of time.