Whats the best area to live in Milford, CT for re sale value?

Asked by Angel Troupe, Milford, CT Tue Jul 5, 2011

Answers

4
Chuck Sienki…, Agent, Milford, CT
Tue Jul 5, 2011
I would agree with Tracy that shore properties appreciate the most "just so much shore line" as a general rule I tell my clients to look for an area that suits their needs and find a home that is in a neighborhood that the homes and properties are well taken care of.Good Luck !!
Candace Lipi…, Agent, Norwalk, CT
Tue Jul 5, 2011
Price Range? Rule of thumb in general, RE is moving closer to areas that are more urbanized. Oil and gas and convenience and time saving are driving this. So in town, close to transportation and of course beach areas are prime. I am speaking generally since i do not know your needs. Avoid major highways in your backyard as well as railroad lines. In this market for resale, and history confirms this, plan on holding the property, again in general if for presonal use, 8-10 years. We need to go back to basics in RE. You purchase a home for what is best for family or as an individual, a lifestyle.
Equity builds as you pay down your mortgage. It's like a savings account. Market increase, when healthy, is 2.5 to 3% a year. 5% would be incredible, but that could take years before we see that. This is a whole new "Brave World" in RE. There isn't an economist, pundit or banker who is making any bets in the future.
I would be more than happy to discuss this further. No obligations. Whatever you choose, make sure you use Listingbook.com as a search site. It's the only site that is in real time with our MLS.
Hope this helps.

Candace Lipira
Keller Williams
203-856-8501
candylipira@optonline.net
CT LIC. Realtor
Web Reference:  http://candylipirahomes.com
Stacy Blake, Agent, Milford, CT
Tue Jul 5, 2011
Hi Angel,
Well property values go up the most near the shoreline, so I would say anything close to the shoreline would probably be the best investment. Milford has over 14 miles of shoreline and you can get a reasonable priced house right now within a block from the water anywhere in Milford. Let me know if you would like me to send you any listings?
http://www.stacyblake.com
Chris and Ve…, Agent, Milford, CT
Tue Jul 5, 2011
Hi Angel,
Location is everything in real estate and your question is a very good one. I have lived in Milford over 20 years and I can safely say this town has enjoyed a fantastic reputation as a very desirable place to live in for quite some time. Laurel Beach, Silver Sands, Woodmont, Gulf Street area, and the down town area are all fantastic choices as far as resale is concerned, however when buying a home other considerations often come into the fold. Price point, school districts, amenities and size of the home often end up working in conjunction with location. With prices as low as they are and interest rates at historic lows it's tough to go wrong anywhere is such a desirable town like Milford :)

If I can help you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 203.464.8466 or Christopher.Bjorklund@Raveis.com