What would landlocked, recreational acreage (160 acres, mostly wooded) be worth in the Big Rapids area?

Asked by Blake, Tue Apr 22, 2008

Answers

4
Gary White, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Fri May 23, 2008
Hi Blake, landlocked property may have some real issues to review before you can establish value. One consideration is the present and future use. I understand that "recreational" is your current thoughts. Access to the property has to be your main focus before the purchase and this will impact the sell price. I am a real estate broker with 5 offices including one in the are of this property. If you have not resolved your issues with this parcel it may be well worth discussing.

Hope this gave you some insight.
Gary L White, Broker
http://www.flexitrealty.com
LYNN Afton, Agent, Big Rapids, MI
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Blake,
I am a Realtor in Big Rapids and would be happy to look at the property characteristics that may affect it's value, and help you resolve the 'landlocked' issue. After looking at the property and researching it's status, I would provide you with a comparitive market analysis known as a 'CMA', based on similar property sales, including information on currently listed similar properties. There is no charge or obligation for this service. Click my web page for contact info.
David - Appr…, , Maricopa, AZ
Tue Apr 22, 2008
The best answer to your question can be provided by a certified or certified general appraiser in your area. Preferably a certified general. There are a number of things that need to be addressed, researched and verified along with the need and purpose of obtaining a value. The appraisal board in your state may have a directory of appraisers to choose from or you can find many in your local phone directory.
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Blake, Chris brings up a good point. It may be possible to get an easement by necessity for the property, but you and your agent will need to carefully look at the Title for this property. A local Title Company would be a good place to start.

Sorry, I'm not able to answer your question about value. In general, it depends upon what the property will be used for.