Mp, Other/Just Looking in New Jersey

What sections of Morristown carrry the best resale potential? Is it driven by location? School?

Asked by Mp, New Jersey Mon Feb 11, 2008

Looking at several towns in the area and want to find ones with the best chance of retaining value over the next 7 years. I know Morristown is very diverse and has several areas that will present a risk...others that will not. Wondering what drives that? Can the sections be drawn on a map to narrow that area? Or can it be tied to a school for the same purpose.

Answers

4
Terrie Ball, Agent, Dandridge, TN
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Morristown actually has good schools both on the East and the West sections. Cherokee Lakefront communities will always hold their value especially over the next 7 years. Hope this helps!
Anthony Kimb…, , 37890
Fri Aug 8, 2008
It's hard to say when looking at the question. In reality, people seem to have different picks, perhaps it all depends upon where one went to school. I think a bigger factor though is price when looking for an area. If looking at other towns taxes seem to be what many are looking at. Then another thing I get people looking at is convience of shopping and medical services. Types of loans is another factor, but that is city vs county. There are a lot of changes scheduled and proposed for this area that may change everything in the near future.

As far as schools go, most will think that school is the best where they are or attended. The preferences on schools are pretty much evenly divided. Prices will change depending upon location, White Pine, Morristown, Newport, Talbott, Jefferson City, Dandridge, Whitesburg, Bulls Gap, and the list goes on. Each have good resale spots and bad, but even that may change. Just a suggestion, look at the counties first, then break into cities, then smaller areas. If prices seem too good to be true, they probably are.
Peggy Smelcer, Agent, Morristown, TN
Mon May 26, 2008
I assume you are talking about Morristown, TN, but I see you are from New Jersey, which also has a Morristown.... I will speak of Tennessee. We definitely have areas that are more desireable than others. In the past, the west side of the county has been in the forefront due to several factors. I believe the prime factor is the logistics to Knoxville, which is our closest major city. There are excellent schools on the west side of the county as well as a new and still developing industrial community.

In recent years, we have seen great development on the east side of the county. We have a mall, community college and many new businesses developing along the Davy Crockett Parkway corridor. This is a great link from all directions, with a lot of new development in the works. There are also good schools on this end of town. You can check out the stats on this page. A lot of people prefer the east side because it is not as congested with traffic and still very accessible to major cities. My opinion is that you would fare well in either of thes areas. If you have a good Realtor working for you (like me!) we can point out the good and the bad in any property you may choose. I always have room for one more customer!
Web Reference:  http://www.PeggySmelcer.com
Jeffrey Halp…, Agent, Hopatcong, NJ
Fri May 16, 2008
Dear Mp:
With my office in Morristown, I can tell you what drives sales in the area are trains and access to everything. Morris County is one of the wealthiest in the country.
As far as why some areas of Morristown may bring more $'s is simple. It is a city and a diverse one at that. With that in mind prices can be mixed. Sections can be drawn on a map just by looking at selling prices. The higher the price the more desirable. You cannot tie it to the school however. Some parents send their children to private schools but many love the diversity of the public schools. A child can excel anywhere with the right parental guidance and self discipline.
Would love to assist you more. Please contact me at 973-538-5555 or email JeffHalpern@PruNewJersey.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jeffrey Halpern
Broker-Manager