Market Conditions in 78758>Question Details

Charlotte, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

What's the general opinion on Area 2N (78758, Quail Creek area) in Austin, Texas for resale value? It's

Asked by Charlotte, Austin, TX Sat Mar 15, 2008

relatively close in, and there will be a light rail station there soon. I've heard conflicting opinions on this area--some people think it's going to appreciate and others think I should avoid this neighborhood.

Answers

4
It's great! My girlfriend and I used to live there and we loved it! It is patchy with regards to resale, but the Quail Creek subdivision has an unbelievably large number of original home owners! You will also find Lanier High school right in the center! Do you like tacos? Mmm.. Yummy…I love ‘em; and there is this taco stand (not a roach coach) that is right next to the AutoZone on Lamar near the subdivision and is perfect for the Sunday morning breakfast! Light rail station rocks! Green is the way to go and that added infrastructure will help the city tremendously! How long have you been looking?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008
Well, I am putting my house on the market after April so I hope our area is GREAT :) Our 2,443 square foot home needed tons of updating. We have brought out the awesome wood floors that were hidden under carpet, addaed slate to the family room and a quest bathroom, on top of the other hundreds of little things we updated (such as 70's wallpaper to now awesome broomstick style paint) I love how close we are to everything and like one guy above stated. There are a lot of original owners so its pretty quite.

Neans and Parkview area owner :)
That neighborhood has many positives and at least 1 negative aspect. Check out the crime statistics for the area before you buy....
Charlotte,

I think the Quail Creek area will appreciate for the reasons you noted as well as for the new developments in closer proximity (Domain, Mueller, etc). There are pockets of the area that are nicer than others and some great deals to be had on nice homes.

Another alternative in your price range that's just as close in, if not a little closer, is area 10N. It's between Ben White and William Cannon in South Austin. That area has seen very good appreciation in recent years and should continue that trend.

Danny Gallant - Realtor
The Gallant Group @ Keller Williams Realty
512-922-1273
danny_gallant@kw.com