mmishra77, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

What's the forecast for Charlotte market this year and next? Are sellers seeing more traction with buyers now than last year?

Asked by mmishra77, Charlotte, NC Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

2
John Siddons & Mike Laine’s answer
mmishra77,

Charlotte's market forecast is looking HOT!! Price are starting to level out, and listing/sold values are actually seeming to go up a few points. There are still TONS of foreclosures hitting the market, but they are beginning to be listed closer to market value and they are being a lot tighter about letting buyers "steal" them.

There are LOTS of buyers out there right now and loans are going through!

John Siddons
704-458-1843
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
http://www.searchcharlotte.com
The market conditions in Charlotte are improving.. But like anywhere in the country it is subjective. Certain neighborhoods are farign better than others and same with areas of charlotte.

I have ntoiced since February a large uptick in the amount of buyers out looking at homes both from a buyer's agent perspective as well as from a listing agent standpoint. Showings are up on all my homes in comparable neighborhoods from last year.

I track showings through the showing service and based on that in the price range in a specific neighborhood. Based on that you can get an idea of how many people are looking at homes over a given period of time. The traffic for my listigns are up anywhere between 30% and as high as 60% on a couple fo my homes.

I have also noticed the price point has either stabilized or slightly increased in those neighborhoods from last year as well.

Noone can predict the future; but based on thise trends I would say if it continues like it is we will see an uptick in prices latter part of this year and continue through next year.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com