What's the current average DOM for houses in Clarksville in the $250k-$300k range?

Asked by L.M., Arizona Wed Aug 13, 2008

Also, are you expecting a large surge in buyers in the fall with the Division's return? Will a surge affect this price range?

We're PCSing in in the fall and are trying to time when to buy. Do we buy now to take advantage of a good selection, but make extra mortgage payments? Buy later and hope homes we like online are still for sale then? Buy later and have nothing to choose from because it's picked over?

Answers

6
Freddy Bagge…, , 37043
Sat May 1, 2010
Diana,
I suspect there are lots of sellers (just like me) who are watching the current inventories of homes and are waiting until the inventories fall before they list. I am not an Agent, just a home owner with a unique property in the Exit 11 Sango area who is waiting and watching the Market before I decide if I will list "For Sale By Owner" or use an Agent to handle the sale of our home...Due to the high commissions realtors charge we are leaning towards the FSBO in order to pass the savings to the buyer since it is a $300,000+ home and we want to be competitive with other homes in the area....If you are looking for a nice home in a typical subdivision with small lots this house is not one you would want to consider...But if your looking for an all brick, single level with heated inground salt water pool, custom 24 x 24 outdoor pavillion, fully stocked large pond with gazebo, all on just about 4 acres that back up to Sango Elementary School...then you might want to consider this home....But we will not be listing until mid June..In the process of having solid Hardwood Floors installed as we speak!! Have a great day and good luck shopping for your future dream home!!!
Tim and Pam…, , Clarksville, TN
Fri Aug 22, 2008
There is not much to add that has not been adressed below. DOM is roughly 120 days in the 250 - 300K price range. I believe the 101st's return will effect homes in the 120 - 230K range moreso than those in the range you inquired about.

Being recently retired from the Army and having served with both the 101st and TF160 over the past 18 years, I can tell you that the Fort Campbell area has seen much change. There are some great homes currently on the market, and it changes daily.

If you have any questions in regards to Fort Campbell or the surrounding areas, please feel free to contact Pam or I at 931-338-1375 or thecashteam@cashsofclarksville.com
Marie Pallett, , 37043
Fri Aug 22, 2008
Hi Diana,
I agree with the other answers but wanted to add this...remember that from the time you select your home it will take on average 30 days to close & then there is usually a 2 month break before your initial mortgage payment is due. I just wanted to make sure you realize the turn around time so you can take the concern of paying extra mortgage payments off the list. If you'd like I can send you some homes that meet all your needs & if you like any enough to see we can go look. That will help ease your anxiety by starting the search now. Please call me anytime at 931-538-0688 or email me at marie.pallett@crye-leike.com. I hope this helps. Have a great weekend!
Web Reference:  http://www.mariepallett.com
Jimmy McCall, , Clarksville, TN
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Diana,
From a person who talks to a lot of Realtors and has live here since 1982. I think you should wait. It is true the houses in your price range you currently are seeing on the internet may not be available. However, I have been told there are many people waiting to list their homes when the troops do come back. I think the reasoning is that they do not want a high days on the market count once the influx of buyer do get here. Also, the competition for home buyer in your price range will not be as great as those in the lower price ranges.
Janie Master…, , Fairhope, AL
Thu Aug 14, 2008
As of today, there have been 76 homes in that price range sell this year, with the average Days on the Market of 114 days. The market here in Clarksville has seen a a slow down over last year. Please refer to my blog with current statistics. Whether to buy now or wait until you get here is a decision for only you to make. But, keep in mind that we have a very high inventory right now! Lots to choose from. Here is the link for my blog with the stats, call me anytime and I'll keep you updated on specific areas of town or neighborhoods. I work with many many military families and I understand the pressures that you are going through. http://activerain.com/blogsview/621905/Real-Estate-Agent-Gives Thanks Janie Masterson 931 801-3348
kimberly-hod…, , Nashville, TN
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Active listings is 120 with average DOM of 119. Closed listings since 02/01/2008 is 68 with average DOM of 120.

I'm not expecting a HUGE surge of buyers this year. The Clarksville market is still very good, as is most of Middle Tennessee - we are slow, but not nearly in bad of shape as others around the country. If we unexpectedly did see a surge, then square footage prices would rise due to increased demand.

If you are looking for the "good deals", then between now and September would be the time to purchase. There is always a much larger inventory, and realtors here tend to advise sellers NOT to sell during the October to February times because it does get a lot slower.

Hope that helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.TNHomeSite.com