What's the construction cost p-sq-ft for a new construction home in Port Charlotte,Fl and does it include lot?

Asked by Tcflame, Port Charlotte, FL Thu Jul 9, 2009

Answers

5
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Tcflame,
Just looking and I am seeing anywhere from about $100 a square ft to $176. Of course alot of that is going to depend on the size of the home, the neighborhood, and the extra's you might want. I use to live just south of Port Charlotte at Burnt Store Marina and CC. Your best bet is to find yourself a buyer's agent to help you navigate the inventory of the area. A good buyer's agent is going to do the homework and research all the builder's and see how much inventory they have on hand, that in turn will help you in your negotiations. Just be careful when you interview agents for the job of helping you with one of the largest purchases you are going to make.

If you are not already working with an agent and need a referral to a top agent in your area just let me know. You can contact me through my profile here on Trulia or through one of my other websites listed below.

Hope this helps,
Web Reference:  http://www.storybookhomes.ws
Patricia Ste…, , Port Charlotte, FL
Wed Jul 29, 2009
Tcflame, I have read the reponses from the other Realtors, and they are all right-on. I am a Realtor and also a partner with my husband in "Stevens Contracting, LLC", Florida State Licensed Residential Contractor. We are currently building and remodeling homes in Port Charlotte and North Port. Given today's Real Estate Market, $75,000- $100,000 per sq. ft. of A/C living area is a good range. This figure can go up depending on you interior selections of cabinets, counters, pumbing and electrical fixtures, flooring and etc. If you have a specific area and you find a great lot, we have floorplans available to choose from or we can build a custom home. If you are open to location, but want a new home, you may want to check out some of the partially constructed homes on the market. We can also give you a bid to go in and finish one of these homes and it will probably be much less than starting from scratch. Please feel free to call us to get more information or check out our homes.

Pat Stevens
ERA Advantage Realty
Stevens Contracting, LLC
941-626-7051 Cell
Patstevenshomes@comcast.net
how many square feet is a 75000 house
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Tc,

The North Port-Port Charlotte area is a location that recently has attracted great interest from buyers looking to take advantage of real estate opportunities created by "short sales" and "foreclosures."

Our recommendation for someone considering building new construction at the present time is to take a serious look at the current resale inventory before commiting to building. There are nearly brand new homes coming onto the market daily that are being sold at a fraction of what it would cost to build at this time.

The word is out.......this is a great location for value and opportunity.......Be sure to see the entire picture before taking the plung.

The Eckler Team

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Carolyn Hawk…, Agent, North Port, FL
Thu Jul 9, 2009
After checking with several builders, I've found the prices range from approximately $75. to $105. per sq. ft. depending on the location. Some builders include the lot in their total pricing package, others do not. It's
a good idea to shop several builders and base your decision on "everything" that is included, and make
the decision if you want to find your own lot, in a location you like.
Jason Stevens, , Englewood, FL
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Tcflame - your question is an open ended one being that it really depends. How many bells and whistle are you going to have with the home. For example high end finishes versus modest finishes or entry level. Granite counter tops, corain or formica. All wood cabinets vs. foil wrapped (laminate). Tile floors vs. carpet. etc...pool or no pool.

I would say an average per sq. ft construction cost would be in the neighborhood of $75-$90 per sq ft. Again a lot of that depends on what you put in the guts of the home. Some builders include a lot some don't. My suggestion would be that since land prices have softened so much you would be better off buying your own lot and having a builder build on it. This way you can pick your lot versus being subjected to only the builders inventory. Also most builders if they bought a lot for let's say $5K are going to mark it up somehow in the price on the home. Remember to keep in mind that costs associated with prepping the lot in order to build are going to run you approx $20,000. In today's market it might be dollar wise to try and purchase an existing home that is close to what you woud build. Chances are you might save money in the long run. Should you need further assistance or have additional questions, please feel free to contact me. Good luck

Jason Stevens, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR
Real Estate Broker Associate
REOTrans Platinum Certified
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Cell - 941-662-0379
Home Office - 941-698-0973
Home Fax - 941-698-0973
Website: http://www.myfloridahomesmls.com/jasonstevens
Website: http://www.jasonestevens.com