What kind of capitalization rates are investors seeing in today's market in the Portland, Oregon metro area? What are the best areas for?

Asked by Sándor Lau, Eugene, OR Sun Oct 2, 2011

cashflow? I'm an investor from Eugene thinking of getting into the Portland market. Looking for a good realtor who understands the needs of a cashflow investor. I'm interested in small multifamily at this stage, and favor fourplexes though am open to other property types. I live in Eugene and have been to Portland but don't know the area or neighborhoods well and need some guidance here.

Answers

5
Rich Golze’s answer
Rich Golze, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
You want to talk to Steve Roesch with Keller Williams.

He understands Cap Rates, Gross Rent Multipliers, Internal Rates Of Return and Discounted Cash Flow Models

His number is 503-318-6351

steve@pdxhomegroup.com
REITrust Cor…, Both Buyer And Seller, Vancouver, WA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Trulia offers an excellent resource to gain a real-time understanding of exactly what is happening in the Portland neighborhoods called Heat Map. We have posted the link for you below. You can sort by Trulia popularity, which, when watched over a period of weeks, will give you some advance indication of the emerging market trends in various neighborhoods. We commonly partner with out of area private investors with IRA's and trust funds and find the Heat Map a valuable resource in communicating real market conditions from a third-party's objective perspective. Happy Investing!
Charles Call…, , Portland, OR
Sun Oct 2, 2011
Capitalization rates here in Portland that I am seeing are in the 4 to 5 range. If this seems low to you, you might be calculating your cap rates incorrectly. There is an easy comparable way to do these calculations along with other rate of return analysis that we can discuss if you want to give me a call.

Cash flow is contingent on many variables such as down payment, financing terms, maintenance philosophy etc..
Cindy Korstad, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Sun Oct 2, 2011
Greetings,

Before obtaining my real estate license I was working full time as an investor, I am very familiar with the Portland market and would be happy to discuss the neighborhoods and potential investment properties available that match your criteria.

Cindy Korstad
Mobile: 503.809.9947
Email: cindykorstad@gmail.com
Janeese Jack…, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Oct 2, 2011
I am a Realtor and seasoned investor (own 3 duplexes + one house + one condo as investments). I have blogged over the last 3 years on my site ( http://www.fabulousportland.com ) about my ups and downs in the investment market. All I can tell you is they are the best performing investments (vs stocks, bonds, mutual funds) that I own. Tenants pay PITI while you enjoy whatever cash flow & tax advantages...a very good deal. Problem is, I'm out of the country visiting family for next 3 wks...back 10/23. We can talk...jj
Web Reference:  http://fabulousportland.com