What is the waterfront and second home market doing in your area?

Asked by Barry Miller, Amherst, NH Thu May 31, 2007

I specialize in this market in New Hampshire and have found it to be a recent roller coaster. Two years ago it was very very strong. Last year was 40% off from 05 and this year is up again...what a ride

Answers

2
Kaye Thomas, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Thu May 31, 2007
Barry.. you need to move to the South Bay/Beach Cities in Southern Ca.. our ocean front homes are selling for a premium compared to prices in 2006, 2005 and 2004. We don't have a huge second home market but anything in a prime location is doing well
Tom McGuirk, Agent, Hampton, NH
Sat Nov 22, 2008
Seacoast NH, waterfront homes have retained their value in this down market. Any listing priced-properly will be sold in thirty days. We are finding a lot of ocean-front properties going stale on the market due to the overly inflated list price. I would suggest anyone interested in this type of property be prepared to research what the value is and offer that value (and be able to justify your offer.) You're not going to find a "deal" but there are plenty of properties available and with a little research and aggressive negotiating, they can be acquired for their value.