What is the percentage increase/decrease for homes for sale in Woodside Heights, Woodside, Ca over the past three years?

Asked by Shaunalia, Woodside Heights, Woodside, CA Wed Jun 2, 2010

Answers

3
Athena Chilicas Saldanha’s answer
Athena Chili…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Thu Jun 3, 2010
HI Shaunalia,
Thank you for the great question regarding the trend of home prices in various neighborhoods in Woodside. As a Realtor located in the woodside office of Coldwell Banker, I can share that sales this year have been very robust as compared with even a year ago. 2008-2009 prices adjusted downward approx 20%. In 2009, confidence increased however, buyers remained reluctant. This year we are seeing multiple offers. Also, approx 25-30% of homes sold in Woodside are sold exclusively (not on MLS).

Woodside Heights in particular has adjusted and this area remains highly desirable.
Web Reference:  http://www.athenashouse.com
Jeff Tung, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Wed Jun 2, 2010
Hi Shaunalia,

In 2007 the average sales price was $2,989,285 and the average days on market was 68 days. In 2008, the average sales price was $3,975,000 and the average days on market was 59 days, approx. 33% ave. price increase from 2007. In 2009 the average sales price was $2,862,500 and the average days on market was 77 days, approx. ave. price decrease of 28% from 2008.
Web Reference:  http://www.jefftung.net
Glen Mitchell, Agent, Half Moon Bay, CA
Wed Jun 2, 2010
To look at only Woodside Heights gives you too small of a sample. For a better estimate I looked at quarterly numbers from 1st quarter 2007 to first quarter 2010. Average home price decreased 1.5% during that period while median price decreased 5.6%. Feel free to contact me if you would like me to run the numbers in a different format.

glenmitchell@remax.net

Glen
650-260-GLEN