What is the outlook for values in Potomic Yard (particularly near the future Potomic Yard Metro Station) over the next 1/3/5/10 years?

Asked by Hd, Potomac Yard / Potomac Greens, Alexandria, VA Sun Apr 8, 2012

Will construction of the metro station boost home values in the area?

Answers

6
J J I’s answer
J J I, Home Buyer,
Tue Apr 24, 2012
The home values look good. It is already a good area because it is relatively close in. The Metro will increase values even more. Therefore, if appreciation and home value are what is most important to you, then I think it is a relatively safe bet to move into that area. However, it might be more important to examine other factors like a) is the neighborhood a place where you want to raise kids? and b) how do you feel about the nearby traffic / congestion? Those answers might hold the key for you since there are plenty of good areas to live in with home values that will increase. Also, I have noticed that home values in the Del Ray area have increased quite a bit and that home values in the Del Ray and Potomac Yard area vary widely with a difference of only a block or two. That last part is more of an observation than it is any type of advice.
Robert Lepel…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Sun Apr 8, 2012
Dear HD:

As you know everyone has an opinion (right, wrong, etc.). Considering the history of Potomac Yards formerly operated by the RF&P railroad and all the contaminated soil there, why would anyone buy there? Personally I would not live there, and therefore I would not recommend the location to anyone else.

Good luck in your real estate endeavors.

Sincerely yours - Bob Lepelletier - REALTOR, ABR, GRI
Partner - Team Maison at Keller Williams Realy
bob at bobtherealtor dot pro (703) 310-7880
Jason, Home Buyer, Arlington, VA
Mon Apr 9, 2012
I think the area has a bright future. The research shows mass transit increases prices, the amount varies widely though. I would assume that Pulte has priced most of that increase in though, but we'll see.

I really like the location and both Alexandria and Arlington are looking to invest in bus/trolly transit on Route 1 between Crystal City and Braddock Road.

I'm not a realtor though, but that also means I'm not trying to compete with Potomac Yard for sales.
Julius Staton, Other Pro, Alexandria, VA
Mon Apr 9, 2012
The outlook for the values of Potomac Yard is great; Potomac Yard’s has as well as Northern Virginia has one of the best housing markets in the country.
Maridol Garc…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Sun Apr 8, 2012
HD,

If we could predict the future increase in real estate values we would be investors not Realtors. What you are asking is imposible to answer be for the Potomac Yard area on any other. With that said, the more desirable the area, the higher possibility for increase in value; that hold true for any area close to the DC border, close to Metro, close to/easy access to highways, etc

Maridol Garcia-Joy, Realtor
Long & Foster Real Estates
703-655-0777
maridol@LNF.com
Billy, Home Owner, Alexandria County, VA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
I see a 20% spike if the metro gets approved in late 2013. everybody I know who owns a pulte home is quite happy. Realtors may not like the community because you can buy a place here without a realtor.
You are incorrect. Realtors love new home sales as they Agents do not have to do as much work and we get paid 3 %.
Flag Wed Mar 5, 2014