What is the market condition for Honolulu's housing in the second half of 2013?

Asked by DarthBL, Dublin, CA Wed Jul 17, 2013

Is it as hot as California/rest of the country?

Answers

8
Heidi Ellyn,…, , Honolulu, HI
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Hot and pricey market. But.. rising interest rates will slow it all down. Once sellers figure that out, inventory may rise and the market will flatten out. No bargains in the Honolulu REO market-that ship sailed. The good news is that the Honolulu market is more stable than most mainland markets, so it is a great place for investors. Heidi Ellyn, Esq. Broker Hawaii and California 808-729-6900
Kristi Takus…, , Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Yes it's a seller's market but a it's all about pure economic's! Supply and Demand. Even the rental market has gone up! And, until as you claim Diaz these millions of forclosed homes here in Hawaii come on the market. Market condtions won't change. By the way, where are these million's of foreclosed home's in Hawaii? I'd love to get into some of that! I only see a page a week, consisting maybe 10-20 at a time.
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Cash is king now. With interest rates going up about 1/2% the last three weeks, that will cause a slowdown on the housing market again.
I wouldn't call any housing market hot right now. There are still millions of foreclosed homes to be sold.
Don Dietz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
The market is a strong seller's market, with prices setting new records for median price range. By far, it has rebounded from the 'crash' in 2008. Inventory is low, demand is still high and that is causing prices to increase.

View properties for sale on your Smart Phone, directly from the MLS. Text: HUSHON TO '17778', to download the App TODAY!
Monique Ting, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Aloha,
It is a strong seller market! In June the average days on the market for both condos and SF homes was 20 days. Prices are going up and the inventory is still shrinking.
If you want to get updated information about the local market, please LIKE my page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MoniqueCTingHawaiiRealEstateSalesperson

Monique
Kristi Takus…, , Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Kristi Takus…, , Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Kristi Takus…, , Honolulu, HI
Wed Jul 17, 2013
The market is starting to move again. Property pricing is going up due to the low inventory. Again driven by the low interest rates. I believe the market will now sustain itself slowly moving up for the next six months. Unless rates change or a major event happens...

Should you want detailed information on a property or need assistance finding that perfect property that fits your needs. Please feel free to contact me at anytime... Alohapac.com\Kristi