What is the housing price market in the area? Is it stable?

Asked by David Hynes, Brooklyn, NY Thu May 1, 2014

My wife and I are looking to move down from NYC and were hoping to purchase something in Canton area, or something more urban as a transition home.
In a few years, we'd probably look to sell and buy in Columbia area for better school district.

Answers

1
Melissa Evans, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Fri May 2, 2014
While inventory is a bit lower in Canton right now, the median sold price of $310,000 is 8.58% higher than it was at this time last year. Definitely good news for a stable housing market! In my opinion you'd have no problem with resale in that location a few years down the road if you're buying this year.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area- I recommend checking out livebaltimore.com for information on neighborhoods, and you can search properties at buysellbmore.com. I'm available at 443-625-8159 if you need additional advice, and I'm always happy to help!

Melissa