What is the housing market like in Jackson, TN. I have a friend who what me to help her sell her house and am

Asked by N'teasha Williams, Baltimore, MD Mon May 12, 2008

thinking about buying it myself. Thanks in advance.

Answers

9
Nathan Hunnicutt’s answer
Nathan Hunni…, Other Pro, Jackson, TN
Sat Mar 1, 2014
I agree with Doris. Also, if your friend isn't able to sell within a reasonable period of time, consider alternative selling techniques. Any house can be moved rather quickly (compared to conventional selling), by using a lease purchase.
Doris Freeman, Agent, Jackson, TN
Fri Mar 1, 2013
The market in Jackson is definitely on the upswing but its still somewhat of a buyers market, out inventory for good homes is down a little. If you have your eye on a particular home, you need a professional to do a market analysis to help you determine a value. I'm always available Doris Freeman, Broker, 731-431-2424
Tony Neihoff, Agent, Jackson, TN
Thu Nov 11, 2010
With rates low and prices down, now is the time to buy in Jackson. I have bought 3 foreclosures myself in the last 2 years. Call me today to get help. 731-298-1064
Web Reference:  http://www.TonyNEihoff.com
Pamela Cleere…, , 96797
Fri Aug 27, 2010
Hi, It is still a buyers market as we have at least an 8 month inventory in Jackson.
I would love to help you find your home.
pamelarealtor2010@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://PamelaCleere.com
Robert W. Ya…, Agent, Jackson, TN
Fri Aug 14, 2009
The market has picked up in the Jackson and surrounding communities. Some of the REALTORS have already informed you that location is one of the most important keys to consider, although you will find the city of Jackson a nice place to live. These agents that have answered you are really good and know their business.
Some houses are selling faster than others because of the price range they are in, and the stimulus has helped.
If there are any more questions, just ask any one of the agents here.
If you need any help; contact me.
Kevin Barr, , Jackson, TN
Mon May 18, 2009
Our market in Jackson has picked up quite a bit in the last couple of months. There are still a lot of homes on the market but if the market continues to improve like it has been, prices will begin to increase again. The current prices have been holding stable for the last 4 to 5 months and there is nothing to indicate that they will decrease any more at this point. My advice is to buy a home now. But I would talk with an agent before buying a house from a friend. I would be more than happy to help in any way that I can.
Jeff, , Virginia Beach, VA
Mon May 18, 2009
Wait another 6 months, save another 5-10%.

There certainly are a lot of good deals to be had for buyers in Jackson.

If you are a seller, good luck.
Kevin Barr, , Jackson, TN
Thu Nov 13, 2008
The Jackson market is a very solid one. Obviously it depends on the condition of the property and the location, but most areas are still selling very well. Before purchasing a home, even from a friend, get the advice of a local Realtor. If you would like Lisa and I to give our advice on the property, e-mail me a Kevin.Barr@Crye-Leike.com.
Tara Skinner, Agent, Jackson, TN
Sat May 17, 2008
The housing market here is Jackson is Great. There is a large inventory and a buyers market right now but people are still buying homes here now more than ever. Email me and I will help you sell your friends house. Tara@taraskinner.net