What is the current estimated cost per square foot in Fort Collins for residential multi-family construction?

Asked by Eric, Fort Collins, CO Mon Apr 6, 2009

What is the current estimated cost per square foot in Fort Collins for residential multi-family construction? Thanks!

Answers

3
James Orr, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Sun Oct 9, 2011
I realize that this is an old question, but I've recently been doing analysis of this myself. It is VERY interesting to see how much this varies from neighborhood to neighborhood and by different bedroom configurations.

For example, you can check out some interesting analysis of Fort Collins price per square foot in the charts I made for Ridgewood Hills on my website below.
Matt Evans, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Apr 6, 2009
Eric:
Really depends on the location, because the cost of the dirt can be the main factor in a city like Fort Collins. Anything near historic Old Town, or near CSU adds a premium to dirt costs. In the downtown area, we are seeing multifamily cost to build around $150/sf plus. Whereas, on the outskirts of town, we are seeing more like $100/sf. So the ground is adding around $50/sf to the project. Of course, considering green features and other design improvements can easily add to that. It also depends on whether underground parking is offered or not. My team and I have lots of experience in marketing multifamily projects in Fort Collins--some with success, and some caught up in the lending and equity changes that have occured. We have worked on Penny Flats, Solar Village, North Flats, Aberdeen Condos, and more. If you would like to visit more, just let me know. I'm glad to share our experiences. Best regards, Matt Evans--Keller Williams Realty 970-215-9221 matt@fortcollinsre.com
Brad Lowell, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Mon Apr 6, 2009
Hi Eric, the cost of existing homes/investments per square footage varies. Depending on the finishes. The existing construction, the location determines value also. If you were to build a home this is a good question for your builder. In general the cost per square foot varies for many reasons.
Thank you.