mmccabe, Home Buyer in Saint Paul, MN

What is the current average listing time for home prices between $400,000-$500,000?

Asked by mmccabe, Saint Paul, MN Thu Jun 21, 2012

The average in the Twin Cities is 155 days on market for that price point. For more information regarding days on market checkout this link:

The average for the Summit University neighborhood is 142 Days but this is not broken down by price point. Here is a link to the real estate stats for the Summit University neighborhood:…

Kirk Duckwall
The Duckwall Team of Realtors
Edina Realty
Cell 651-303-0019
You have to be more specific on what area saint paul is a large city with alot of suburbs.
You will have different time for Condos and single family homes. It is true that each home will market differently and some will sell in days while the other will take months. Inventory is low right now, and homes are selling fact.
Some great answers here. I'll just add that lot of these stats can be very misleading if you don't analyze and understand exactly how the stats were generated.. There are a lot of variables that don't always get mentioned or separated out from each other. This is where the knowledge and analytical skills of a good realtor can be very beneficial.
The latest figures for the following neighborhoods in Saint Paul, broken down by price point:

Macalester-Groveland: 2011 - 101 Days; 2012 - 67 Days
Summit Hill: 2011 - 138 Days; 2012 -108 Days
Summit-University: 2011 - 270 Days; 2012 -154 Days
Why would that matter to you in earnest.
If the answer is 5 months, does that mean to you that your property will sell in the first month of listing, the fifth or the 12th month?

It is really not the average asking price and the average time on market that you should be concerned with. You MUST discuss w. an experienced local Realtor, how your home size, age, lot size, upgrades, updates, style etc. etc. compare to the current market to those homes that have recently sold, and those that will compete with your, and some may be larger or newer.

Careful do not try to figure this out based on one number one information.
Feel free to contact me or get to me via my website below. or

@Properties Northshore - offices in Chicago, Evanston, Winnetka, Highland Park and Lake Forest
30 Green Bay Road Winnetka Il. 60093
or sign up for home searches on my website
Have a most wonderful Day :)