What is the construction costs per square foot of a residential home in Rancho Mirage, CA.?

Asked by Royce Parker, Irvine, CA Tue Jun 17, 2008

Answers

7
The John Jay…, Agent, Indian Wells, CA
Fri Jan 9, 2015
It is really going to depend on the quality of the construction.
cfoerstel, , Rancho Mirage, CA
Mon Oct 22, 2012
I think you can build and seal a house for 200.00 a square foot.
Then the extra cost is in the finishes.
T, Home Buyer, 75237
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Carolyn--you may wish to edit the extra zeros out.
Joe, Home Buyer, Mboro
Sat Feb 21, 2009
I am also looking to get general idea of cost of construction in Ashalnd, MA.
I appreciate folks taking time and trying to answer the question, but surprised nobody really answered the question and instead slided down the business card. It is obvious that the questioner already knows "it depends on many factors" and not looking for an "accurate" quote/estimate. Most likely, questioner was trying to know the "approximate number" or a "narrow range" for an "average" house. e.g. one would argue that it depends whether the house has swimming pool, walls made of marble stone etc, correct answer but not "helpful" in any way, Does an "average" house in this area have a swimming pool, marble stone walls?

If i were working in real estate field for at least 5 years, i would know what features an average house in a perticular zip code has and would answer accordingly.
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi there Royce, The cost per square foot really depend on the builder and the actual project and level of complexity. Without knowing this nobody here can give you a really accurate answer. You would need to review this with a contractor or new home builder.
There are some really nice lots in this area. If you like a current list and a list of contractors that you can discuss this with drop me an e-mail and I will forward this you

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817
michael-barron@scbglobal.net
Carolyn Voet, Agent, PALM DESERT, CA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Royce:

New homes in develoments in Rancho Mirage including Artisan, Seclude, Villas of Mirada, Dominion, The Renaissance and homes not in a development have pricing per square foot from the high $300,000's up to $900,000. So you can see there is quite a range. I have a referral list of builders in the area, including the contemporary award winning designer Guy Dreier, and would be happy to forward it if you would provide me with your email address.

Average lot prices are $2,000,000. Please call or email me if I can be of further assistance.

Carolyn Voet, ePRO
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
Indian Wells
760/774-6510 (cell)
http://www.carolynvoet.mywindermere.com
MailTo:cvoet@sonic.net
Michele M Ma…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Royce!

As with everything here in The Desert, the price per sq ft for New Construction varies.

There are two kinds of New Homes Construction. You can either find a lot in an area that you like and get your own private contractor or there are quite a few New Home Developments that are currently being built.

I will do a little research and get you some detailed figures that break down these costs.

Michele M Mayer
Windermere Real Estate
760-835-5391
mmayer@windermere.com
http://www.MicheleMayer.mywindermere.com