What is the condo fee on this? Also, what does it cover?

Asked by Lnquynhvy, El Lago, TX Fri Feb 28, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3125045250-6301-Stevenson-Ave…

Answers

6
apaic65, Home Seller, Alexandria, VA
Sun Mar 1, 2015
The condo fees are 225 a month. This is confirmed. All exterior maintaince..to include the roof is covered. Trash, landscaping and snow removal is also included. Water, electric and sewer is separate. The community Mill Stream Association is the condo community.
cynbranden, Home Owner, Alexandria, VA
Mon Jun 30, 2014
The condp fee as of 7/1/2014 for this unit is $530.40 and it includes all utilities. I live in the same unit, so I actually know what I am talking about!
Jason Walter, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2014
It looks like the agents below answered your question. I would highly recommend working with a local Realtor. The information on Zillow, Trulia, etc are often not updated or not complete. Often there are houses or condos for sale but it doesn't show online that it's for sale. Or the seller accepted an offer already (i.e. it's pending) but it shows as still being for sale online. Realtors have direct access to the MLS which is the most accurate information available in the real estate market. Good luck on your search!
Diana Watson…, Agent, Fayetteville, NC
Tue Mar 4, 2014
Hello Jackie,

this condo is set at $913. This is to pay for all utilities except phone and cable. As such, the other amenities include, 24 hours security, exercise room, party room, sauna & car wash, tennis, parking and proximity to all highways. The condo/co-op fee wording is signifying that it is one or the other.

In this case, its a Condo and not a co-op. A condominium is a type of ownership that the individual apartment owns in fee-simple and an undivided interest in the common elements such as the exterior walls, roof, pool, other recreational areas, etc. Whereas, a Cooperative are residential units or apartments that are owned by a cooperative housing corporation. You own shares in the complex. There are pros and cons to both forms of ownership.

Please call me if for any real estate question or needs you may have.

Diana Watson
Avery-Hess, Realtors
910-728-3003
Richard McGu…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Typically in these converted condos, it includes all utilities. Even for this area, $913 is a high condo fee which indicates the building is poorly managed and or under capitalized because of short sales and foreclosures. You could almost qualify for a sales price of $150,000 more if it were a fee simple sale, or a less expensive condo fee.
If this is something you would still like to see, please send me an email to: Rmcguire@mcenearney.com and provide your name and phone number.
Thanks.
Keira Unterz…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Hi Jackie-

The condo fee isvery reasonable at $234/month and covers water/sewer, master insurance policy, landscaping, exterior building and grounds maintenance, reserve funds, snow removal and trash removel and best of all the laundry is totally free!! There are 8 units in each building and each building has it's own full basement with large secure storage rooms for each condo along with space for bikes and a shared washer and dryer. No coins or tokens needed.

Feel free to contact me with any additional question or to schedule a showing.
Best
Keira
Long & Foster
703-585-3014 c
I was looking at the wrong condo...sorry!!! Richards original response is accurate.....let me know if you do want to see the condo I was referencing which is a charming 1 bedroom in the in the heart of Del Ray...
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014
Hi Keira,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am confused since in the listing, the Condo/Co-Op Fee says $913. Is it a different fee than condo fee?
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014