What is the biggest misconception about Scottsdale real estate?

Asked by Trulia Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Fri May 24, 2013

Answers

3
Bianca Benne…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Home Style - there are so many different styles of homes for different budgets.
One cannot say that in Scottsdale you only can find expensive houses.

Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Jeff Fisher, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Jun 7, 2013
One I hear all the time is that its difficult to get permits for any construction/remodeling projects for your home. Just today I had a seller tell me that he "heard" that Scottsdale was a difficult place to get permits and that it was a rigourous process. Not true at all. As with any municiplaity there are rules and regulations to protect the life and safety of occupants. If you use a licensed contractor for a job that requires a permit you will have a great experience. Plan ahead, be prepared and get that permit!
Alan B. Davis, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon May 27, 2013
The biggest misconception about Scottsdale Real Estate is that the homes are all high end.

This is really not true. There are homes for everyone in every income level.

South Scottsdale (South of Thomas) is typically older homes but there are some good buys.

Mid Scottsdale (North of Thomas to Shea) contains a lot of homes at every price level and has a number of resorts)

North Scottsdale (North of Shea to Carefree Highway) are the most expensive homes in Scottsdale. The property density is typically very low and the median price for these homes is over $700,000. There are also many nice townhomes and great golf courses in this area as well.

I can provide more specific information and subdivision maps in case anyone has additional questions or comments.