What is the best way to know the market values, and/or number of the active, pending closed sales in an area.?

Asked by Jack Schlenk, Chicago, IL Sat Mar 15, 2008

Answers

7
Judy Luna, Agent, Fayetteville, AR
Sun Jul 27, 2008
I would contact an agent in the area that interests you who specializes as a buyer agent. Your buyer agent can do a market analysis for you on the property and provide the recent sales information that you need. If you are not in that area, having an agent who is knowledgeable about the market is a necessity.
Carmen Rodri…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jun 6, 2013
If you are currently working with a real estate broker they can provide this info to you in the form of a comparative market analysis or some customized report featuring the parameters you have noted above. I would be glad to assist you in your property search or sale of your home if you are in the market to sell. I can be reached at:
myrealtoriscr@yahoo.com

-Carmen
Carmen review Jack Schlenk's blog, "Realtor handouts to the Appraiser" there are many articles on the blog check them out.
Flag Thu Jun 6, 2013
Scott Newman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Oct 20, 2008
I provide monthly status updates on all the surrounding buildings to the areas where I send out marketing materials. With that in mind, I also frequently set up "nosy neighbor" searches for dozens of clients a week. Some of these people are closer to buying/selling than others but I think everyone has a right to know what's for sale and what's selling in their neighborhood. Putting relevant, helpful information in my client's hands is a top priority for me and it should be for every Realtor out there.
Scott: Thank you for your reply to theTrulia question: What is the best way to know the market values, and/or the number of active,pending, closed sales in an area? I have compiled the latest sales in 415-445 E North Water St. Riverview East and West and believe them to be accurate. My unit is for sale - 804W - 3 BR 3 BA 2216 sq ft. Kinzie model. Do you have a work sheet on Riverview closed, pending, contingent, active properties? I will be glad to provide you with a copy if i can have your e-mail address. mine is jamesr@jrpitcher.com. My property is listed at http://www.thisfinecondo.com. Jim Pitcher
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013
Kale Realty, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jul 27, 2008
I agree-

Good answer Judy
Web Reference:  http://www.kalerealty.com
Jane, , Pasadena, CA
Sun Jul 27, 2008
what about someone out of state researching on line. I do not have access to the Chicago MLS but I have to review the values there - other than trulia are there any reliable sources for values or places to learn about the various areas like East Chicago?
Jack Schlenk, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Get an appraisal report that will give you all of the active, pending, 2 years, and 6 months sale history of the market . The median and average values, and percentage. The range most sales are in by value and
numbers.
Kale Realty, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Hey Jack

Your best bet is to consult Connect MLS- Do a search and on top of the screen there are two blue arrows which will show you the average.

Best of luck
Web Reference:  http://www.KaleRealty.com